What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Nathan Brown to depart Knights at seasons end

perverse

Referee
I'd love the club to bring in Joey to have a word to the players at training about what the f**k they're supposed to be playing for at the moment. You could bring in a Chief or a Bedsy too - but there wouldn't be a player in the group that wouldn't have at least some respect for the 8th.

PhilGould

Bench
This makes me think there's more to the story that we don't know about. The likes of Pearce, Glasby, Klemmer, Guerra, Buhrer have just completely turned on the coach for seemingly no reason? Doesn't add up for mine.

Gardner is the CEO of the group that owns the club, not sure who you think is going to sack him.
Gardner makes out he is Wests but he is the CEO of a NFP organisation owned by members with a board of directors. The club and Wests is much more than Gardner.
He seems to think he is running the show and that's despite him publicly stating on acquisition that
'"I need to be responsible for the financial success of this organisation and others will be responsible for on-field success....'
It's like Tinkler Mk2 except he only assumes the power he has.
Confidence in him has been eroded (watch the latest Presser).

perverse

Referee
This makes me think there's more to the story that we don't know about. The likes of Pearce, Glasby, Klemmer, Guerra, Buhrer have just completely turned on the coach for seemingly no reason? Doesn't add up for mine.
Oh absolutely there has to be a story behind it. I'd wager that every rugby league journo is desperately trying to dig it up as we speak. How we disintegrated is going to be one of the juiciest stories of the year.

Woosh

Head Moderator
So where have you been for the entirety of Pearce's time here then? If he's been so bad, why haven't you called him out earlier? I'll tell you why - because you're full of shit. You're hardly the genius you think you are if it's taken you 2 seasons to figure out such a self evident truth.

I hate being right all the time.

Attachments

• 88049A00-6B6F-4C39-8261-72999722A22B.jpeg
    88049A00-6B6F-4C39-8261-72999722A22B.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 27

EdLondon

Juniors
I'd love the club to bring in Joey to have a word to the players at training about what the f**k they're supposed to be playing for at the moment. You could bring in a Chief or a Bedsy too - but there wouldn't be a player in the group that wouldn't have at least some respect for the 8th.

Yep to this. Tear shreds off them like he did when he was on the field and a player wasn't performing. He wasn't there trying to make friends and someone needs to step up and tell it like it is.

Word is Brown stepped down now because the players showed little interest at training. I don't think there is a strong rift between the players and Brown except that, given he would rarely get up them, they might now be reacting to him doing so. It could seem out of character.

perverse

Referee
I hate being right all the time.
What was that in response to? The context of the post? Either way, you're clearly a genius.

Everyone gather around. We have to applaud Woosh's efforts at being correct all the time. fmd... what is it with you and Spot On and your constant needs for validation of your opinions? Did your parents never tell you "good job"?

There's a lot of people on this forum that are right about a lot of things going back 15+ years. If you're right all the time, and you're not a dick, people might actually take you seriously.

Burwood

Bench
I think we’ll be hearing of Wests hiring a CEO for the club in the not too distant future. Gardner was only meant to be a temporary measure in the handover from the NRL to Wests?

Knight Vision

First Grade
If true that's a really poor indictment on the players. Absolutely Pearce deserves a serve, as does Glasby, Sione, Klemmer and whoever else is in the leadership group. If you can't do it for the coach, the club, the old boys or the fans... ffs just do it for yourselves. Are you not embarrassed?
From memory the leadership group is Pearce, SKD, Buhrer, Guerra, Glasby

Emerging leaders are Klemmer, Gavet, Fitzy, Sione, Barnett and Slade

Still Nutty

Juniors
I think we’ll be hearing of Wests hiring a CEO for the club in the not too distant future. Gardner was only meant to be a temporary measure in the handover from the NRL to Wests?
Just out of interest, does anybody know what happened to the 'advisory committee' Gardner set up when Wests took over???

Weren't these the brains trust to steer Gardner and Wests on all matters relating to operation of the football team??

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/...all-committee-announced.468785/#post-13591472

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Ah right. Well they're all clearly earning their pay at the moment. Good memory, too.

It struck me that theyd choose Buhrer who obviously wouldnt be in the first grade side very often ( immediately undermining any authority ) , SKD who doesnt exactly strike me as a leader ( and only a couple of years ago was involved in a court appearance for cocaine ) and of course Pearce as Captain I thought was astounding given his history , it sends the wrong message to youngsters in the playing group.

Glasby and Guerra I understand - 2 cleanskin family men who speak well and lend confidence in the way they hold themselves.

perverse

Referee
It struck me that theyd choose Buhrer who obviously wouldnt be in the first grade side very often ( immediately undermining any authority ) , SKD who doesnt exactly strike me as a leader ( and only a couple of years ago was involved in a court appearance for cocaine ) and of course Pearce as Captain I thought was astounding given his history , it sends the wrong message to youngsters in the playing group.

Glasby and Guerra I understand - 2 cleanskin family men who speak well and lend confidence in the way they hold themselves.
Pearce as captain made sense in the whole come to Newcastle and be redeemed narrative he and the club were playing in the media. Had this year gone well, they would have even pulled it off. There's also the point of how Brown wanted Pearce and the team to play - it was to be his team. That vision is a part of what was sold to get him here in the first place, along with a big fat cheque.

Brown absolutely did go all-in on Pearce, KP and Klemmer. What other choice did he have in all honesty? It was a dream to get players of their calibre to the club.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Pearce as captain made sense in the whole come to Newcastle and be redeemed narrative he and the club were playing in the media. Had this year gone well, they would have even pulled it off. There's also the point of how Brown wanted Pearce and the team to play - it was to be his team. That vision is a part of what was sold to get him here in the first place, along with a big fat cheque.

Brown absolutely did go all-in on Pearce, KP and Klemmer. What other choice did he have in all honesty? It was a dream to get players of their calibre to the club.
Your right he did put all his eggs in the Pearce basket (case) . No way in the world the next coach will go the same route. I'd be very surprised if Pearce is Captain next year and in 2021 the team will be a very very different one.

Pearce is the "weak minds" Joey speaks of.

perverse

Referee
Your right he did put all his eggs in the Pearce basket (case) . No way in the world the next coach will go the same route. I'd be very surprised if Pearce is Captain next year and in 2021 the team will be a very very different one.

Pearce is the "weak minds" Joey speaks of.
Given the way they've reacted thus far, I'd say they all have weak minds. We'll see how they respond to all this criticism on the weekend, my gut tells me it won't be well.