What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Nathan Brown to depart Knights at seasons end

Yosh

Coach
What was that in response to? The context of the post? Either way, you're clearly a genius.

Everyone gather around. We have to applaud Woosh's efforts at being correct all the time. fmd... what is it with you and Spot On and your constant needs for validation of your opinions? Did your parents never tell you "good job"?

There's a lot of people on this forum that are right about a lot of things going back 15+ years. If you're right all the time, and you're not a dick, people might actually take you seriously.

Don't feed the troll.. Resist the urge bro

Burwood

Bench
Given the way they've reacted thus far, I'd say they all have weak minds. We'll see how they respond to all this criticism on the weekend, my gut tells me it won't be well.

They’ll come out firing for the first 10minutes, have about 70% of possession, offloading at will and terrific line speed in defense. Pearce will get tackled on the 4th, leaving Ponga to take the last tackle play. He’ll throw an intercept when attacking their line and the Titans will score a length of the field try.

Then the players will all put their heads down and give up.

Apey

Staff member
They’ll come out firing for the first 10minutes, have about 70% of possession, offloading at will and terrific line speed in defense. Pearce will get tackled on the 4th, leaving Ponga to take the last tackle play. He’ll throw an intercept when attacking their line and the Titans will score a length of the field try.

Then the players will all put their heads down and give up.

Careful posting our game plans online. Never know who's reading from the Titans you know.

the seagull

Juniors
After listening to the media and fans over the last year I come to the conclusion that only two coaches are any good - Bellamy and Robinson, Hasler and Stuart are good now but weren't last year or the year before,Green was good when he had a lot of luck one year, Bennet is a old fox who manages more than actually coaches the players now, Cleary is waiting at the bus stop for his players to board, Carney's team are sometimes offside with the referees but usually forget what they have been coached at training. Seibold can supply you with all the statistics why he is good coach. So basically who makes the grand final are good the rest are crap.

Seriously, if you look at Bellamy and Robinson you see well run organisations with excellent support staff smart assistant coaches and good players. Jack Gibson was once asked what makes good coaches?- he's reply great players.

Whoever coaches the Knights is going to need great players who pass the character test. Sadly missing ATM.

Yosh

Coach
If we don't have Pearce we'd be lucky to have won a game this year.

Is it an accident that the best coaches end up with the best players?

Also, very different Era. Not that simple anymore. Need great management above and coaching staff.

aqua_duck

Coach
Also, very different Era. Not that simple anymore. Need great management above and coaching staff.
Exactly, back in the day we saw a lot more dynasties with affluent clubs stock piling talent, these days the salary cap era means clubs need to be able to get the most of their cap

TooheysNew

Coach

giphy.gif

Burwood

Bench
That article sounds fantastic and shows that the media have made a mountain out of a molehill.

I’m just not sure how much of it I actually believe...

John Bogangar

Juniors
After listening to the media and fans over the last year I come to the conclusion that only two coaches are any good - Bellamy and Robinson, Hasler and Stuart are good now but weren't last year or the year before,Green was good when he had a lot of luck one year, Bennet is a old fox who manages more than actually coaches the players now, Cleary is waiting at the bus stop for his players to board, Carney's team are sometimes offside with the referees but usually forget what they have been coached at training. Seibold can supply you with all the statistics why he is good coach. So basically who makes the grand final are good the rest are crap.

Seriously, if you look at Bellamy and Robinson you see well run organisations with excellent support staff smart assistant coaches and good players. Jack Gibson was once asked what makes good coaches?- he's reply great players.

Whoever coaches the Knights is going to need great players who pass the character test. Sadly missing ATM.
I agree. Too many ex Roosters from when the couldnt win. They got rid of each of them for their attitudes and other failings. Now their toxic culture is wrecking what was lookibg promising at Knights. Brown tried to raise standards when they lapsed, now he's gone.

Yosh

Coach

I like that article much more than the others. It's posted on the actual NRL site. Is super long and doesn't have a sensationalist title. Plenty of quotes. Not just speculation garbage.

These guys aren't in the entertainment business. It's up to Gardner to run a profitable business regardless of how boring it is. Of course he is keeping tabs on every coach and player. Of course he is gonna keep updating it. From all that article it looks like we are a well run club with all the right intentions.

All break ups are terrible thing. After all this settles down all that will remain is:

- We get the best coach available

- Brown leaves with his head held high. He is now Mr. Fixit and we know at least 3-4 clubs right now in the NRL who could use his services

- Gardner seems as ruthless as you want your leader to be

Burwood

Bench
Some of the article seems quite plausible, ie Pearce and Ponga's poor attempts to downplay the situation to the media after Brown told the playing group not to defend him etc.

The part about the senior players meeting Gardner on Tuesday morning and an understanding being reached that they supported Brown remaining as coach for the last two rounds seems complete BS.

I'm hoping the news about Ponga's future and intentions are true, but I get the feeling that it isn't quite as innocent as Gardner makes out.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
There is a lot of blood .........

Wolf to clean up

41h21kVRpqL.jpg

Ponga: No, Mr. Wolf, it ain't like that, your help is definitely appreciated.
Pearce : I don't mean any disrespect, I just don't like people barking orders at me.
The Wolf : If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. Now, you’ve got a corpse in a car, minus a head, in a garage. Take me to it

Alex28

Coach
I like that article much more than the others. It's posted on the actual NRL site. Is super long and doesn't have a sensationalist title. Plenty of quotes. Not just speculation garbage.

These guys aren't in the entertainment business. It's up to Gardner to run a profitable business regardless of how boring it is. Of course he is keeping tabs on every coach and player. Of course he is gonna keep updating it. From all that article it looks like we are a well run club with all the right intentions.

All break ups are terrible thing. After all this settles down all that will remain is:

- We get the best coach available

- Brown leaves with his head held high. He is now Mr. Fixit and we know at least 3-4 clubs right now in the NRL who could use his services

- Gardner seems as ruthless as you want your leader to be
Of course you do. It’s propaganda direct from the league. It’s putting as positive a spin that they can from an utter shitstorm.

I reckon the truth lands somewhere in the middle of the NRL’s “ruthless leader” and News/Fox’s “inept, gullible newbie”...

Old dog

Juniors
Brown was never going to take us to top 4 or GF, his coaching, team selections, choices left many wondering what was going on. Team selections would have created discussions amongst players which would have created factions within. Favourite and high paid players would be deemed to be coaches pets, fringe players would feel on the outer and possibly dropped where non performers were continually selected.
Brown had done his job, admittedly shortened by three weeks due to circumstances and attitude. Can’t believe that players with a chance to make semi’s would throw in the towel and leave the coach in limbo. All being well the Knights make the semi’s, top 8, success for all, coach leaves, new coach takes over and new dynasty begins with Brown and players being plaudited and given thanks for job well done.
But, somewhere others got in the act, and I am not sure who but someone or group instigated this fiasco.
I cannot believe that players, assume the senior group, approached Brown and had Ramien sacked when they themselves were failing to perform, one player wasn’t the problem born out by the continuous bad performances,
WHO TOLD BROWN that Ramien was a problem.
I think that Brown did well with the rebuild despite strange selections and bench use but that most likely was the reason he faced player revolt. The players, especially senior group failed to face the situation front on and no action from them on and off the field resulted in poor results and a serious letting down of the fans.
Let’s hope the new coach and ALL the playing group combine to make future seasons better for all, especially the fans.

TooheysNew

Coach
Brown was never going to take us to top 4 or GF, his coaching, team selections, choices left many wondering what was going on. Team selections would have created discussions amongst players which would have created factions within. Favourite and high paid players would be deemed to be coaches pets, fringe players would feel on the outer and possibly dropped where non performers were continually selected.
Brown had done his job, admittedly shortened by three weeks due to circumstances and attitude. Can’t believe that players with a chance to make semi’s would throw in the towel and leave the coach in limbo. All being well the Knights make the semi’s, top 8, success for all, coach leaves, new coach takes over and new dynasty begins with Brown and players being plaudited and given thanks for job well done.
But, somewhere others got in the act, and I am not sure who but someone or group instigated this fiasco.
I cannot believe that players, assume the senior group, approached Brown and had Ramien sacked when they themselves were failing to perform, one player wasn’t the problem born out by the continuous bad performances,
WHO TOLD BROWN that Ramien was a problem.
I think that Brown did well with the rebuild despite strange selections and bench use but that most likely was the reason he faced player revolt. The players, especially senior group failed to face the situation front on and no action from them on and off the field resulted in poor results and a serious letting down of the fans.
Let’s hope the new coach and ALL the playing group combine to make future seasons better for all, especially the fans.
This is the biggest load of shit I've ever read.

Latest posts