What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

I’m feeling homesick!

Out here in silverdale, they are talking about a thing called the internet. It’s been a hassle posting by way of homing pigeon.

Every week the truck arrives from that willow guy “ gift from the free world” and the village survives for another week.

I hear nearbebye Penrith might start a rugby league side. Won’t get anywhere I reckon.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I’m feeling homesick!

Out here in silverdale, they are talking about a thing called the internet. It’s been a hassle posting by way of homing pigeon.

Every week the truck arrives from that willow guy “ gift from the free world” and the village survives for another week.

I hear nearbebye Penrith might start a rugby league side. Won’t get anywhere I reckon.

Cheer up. I once lived in a place where it was a big deal when the seat cover man rolled into town.

Gareth67

First Grade
What idiot of a club keeps a total failure of a coach for .... ( wait for it ) ........
5 years and counting??????

Thank goodness we are not like Virgin Airlines , as they have only today announced to their shareholders that there is no profit - again , for the 7 th consecutive year .

I wonder how long it will take before we fall into that category , 2 more seasons of Mary will do just that . :rolling_eyes:

TruSaint

Referee
Vent your anger at the board.

Blaming player interviews is absurd. What do people expect him to say ? " Mary is ordinary ... Yeah the banners are good .... "

The board extended Mary,. Not Graham. " Ban free speech " lol. HE didn't say that . In fact he said he would listen to the fans.

If there is an internal revolt, then it won't be aired on live TV ffs.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
My point is that If a coach has a success ratio of 47% and he is currently floundering at 32% with his chosen squad and the club having 5 rep forwards and two rep backs and one of the best junior nurseries he should beonhis last warning or sacked. If I had the motivation I could double his list of demonstated deficiencies. I am sure that he is a decent bloke but he lacks the drive of the great coaches such as Provan, Bennett, Bellamy and Robinson who have so much respect from the players that they would not dish up the pathetic play that the Dragons have displayed this year.

TruSaint

Referee
My point is that If a coach has a success ratio of 47% and he is currently floundering at 32% with his chosen squad and the club having 5 rep forwards and two rep backs and one of the best junior nurseries he should beonhis last warning or sacked. If I had the motivation I could double his list of demonstated deficiencies. I am sure that he is a decent bloke but he lacks the drive of the great coaches such as Provan, Bennett, Bellamy and Robinson who have so much respect from the players that they would not dish up the pathetic play that the Dragons have displayed this year.

I agree with all of that.
My post was about criticism of Graham.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Never ceases to amaze me, on nrl 360 again toniight they had Moore and Buderius on commenting on coaches performances and what coaches would be under the pump to keep their jobs next year....so McGregors name came up and Moore said you know The Dragons have been up there or thereabouts at the start and mid season only to fade away again so they need to look at where the team is placed mid season as to what happens to McGregor.....and I thought hang on one minute you are saying we fade towards season end and yet you say come mid season if we are up there (in the 8) he is alluding to McGregor is ok.....and a nod of the head from Buderius........really isnt Moore contradicting himself ?.......and as per usual just before Ikin moves on to another coach Kent slips in but he went allright last year you know they beat The Broncos up in Brisbane......seriously when you look at all the coach bashing Browny, Green, Pay, Barrett, Kearny Griffin etc our bloke seems immuned from media criticism and flys under the radar year in year out....well thats my opinion anyway

getsmarty

Immortal

Hunt/Norman Reps...Lafai/Aitken Reps..Samoa and Scotland...so 4 backs are Rep....

So technically 9 Rep players....

SBD82

Coach
Just read the last month or so of this thread.

There are some regulars in here that should know better: you blokes know you’re getting trolled, right?

Never ceases to amaze me, on nrl 360 again toniight they had Moore and Buderius on commenting on coaches performances and what coaches would be under the pump to keep their jobs next year....so McGregors name came up and Moore said you know The Dragons have been up there or thereabouts at the start and mid season only to fade away again so they need to look at where the team is placed mid season as to what happens to McGregor.....and I thought hang on one minute you are saying we fade towards season end and yet you say come mid season if we are up there (in the 8) he is alluding to McGregor is ok.....and a nod of the head from Buderius........really isnt Moore contradicting himself ?.......and as per usual just before Ikin moves on to another coach Kent slips in but he went allright last year you know they beat The Broncos up in Brisbane......seriously when you look at all the coach bashing Browny, Green, Pay, Barrett, Kearny Griffin etc our bloke seems immuned from media criticism and flys under the radar year in year out....well thats my opinion anyway

Drove me insane, especially Paul K#nt. He should be declaring whatever relationship he has with Mary because the protection racket he runs is high in logic fail.

Straight Shooter

You blaming Graham for his interview ? What did you expect him to say ?

I guess so, but for any waverers and the uncertain:

I understand your love for graham and so forth, but for mine, your seasons been a misery, Mary is about to start off another miserable pre season, the wrong people are being sacked, the propaganda machine is in overdrive and under Mary you are in for another 2 years of hell.

Graham comes out and launches an unprovoked attack on ordinary people who want to express themselves and probably the vast majority of sgi fans.

And in that interview does nothing but praise Mary. It’s sickening. I’ll tell you something James, if Mary loved the club and all that, he’d do the right thing and resign and support the poor assistants who have been doing his bidding for years instead of throwing them under the bus. They love the club too James.

He didn’t have to submit to the party line and keep up appearances. Now he’s undermined his credibility with a lot of folk.

Graham’s in Team Mary whether anyone likes it or not and it might be hard for some of you faithful, but as wests tigers supporter, it’s a clear as day, he’s outta line.

I’m sorry he’s let you all down, but that’s the way it rolls.

Graham is just unaware, out of touch and is otherwise doing the clubs bidding, which as you rightly suggest, is in keeping with the desires of his bank manager.

Having players try to rescue a coach is also quite humiliating for everyone involved. It shows massive internal problems.

I chatted to a young ambitious dogs supporter at work today, even he said Mary was a f$&k.

The beds are burning and James wants to sell you a packet of matches.

There’s only a short window of opportunity to wrest this club back this year.

Last edited:

Qapm

Juniors
Drove me insane, especially Paul K#nt. He should be declaring whatever relationship he has with Mary because the protection racket he runs is high in logic fail.

Straight Shooter

Similar to when I watched the Roosters match and I couldn't care if Widdop did well or not I used to enjoy the Matty Johns shows on Fox but I find I don't care about it and building towards contempt for any media that does not address the culture of fail at the Dragons. Matty Johns, Paul Kent and others are actually doing me a favor as there are better things to do with my time than watch a flawed product.

SnowDragon

Juniors
oh... and yes it is time to see a change in coaching... :)
Results orientated business... forget the rest... this roster deserves top 8... not 15th

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I keep checking this thread (numerous times a day) hoping that the ‘Sack McGregor’ has finally happened.
When will the suffering end!!!
Well unfortunately most of us feel that way....but I strongly suspect it wont happen anytime soon.....ps take no notice if its announced on April 1st in 2020 or 2021