What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown gone

MilkShark

First Grade
So if he doesn’t like O’Brien? Can see this being like the west tigers just without a premiership to go with the drama
He is negotiating a new contract so you can bet he will have get out clauses if it gets too hard for him.

GongPanther

Referee
Brownie is a top bloke. Maybe a spot with the Dragons as a co-co coaching role like they have at Manly will suit him.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I love how this bloke has come out of this like an angel.

He can't coach, his 'rebuild' could have been done by anyone with half a brain, he couldn't change the culture of the place and in fact perpetuated it by signing brats like Ponga who only wants success for himself and Pearce who is a devious merkin.

Yet imbeciles want to praise him Like he's the love child of Mother Teresa and Martin Luther king.

ram raid

Bench
I love how this bloke has come out of this like an angel.

He can't coach, his 'rebuild' could have been done by anyone with half a brain, he couldn't change the culture of the place and in fact perpetuated it by signing brats like Ponga who only wants success for himself and Pearce who is a devious merkin.

Yet imbeciles want to praise him Like he's the love child of Mother Teresa and Martin Luther king.

I don't think that's very accurate.

But something does feel wrong in the narrative. Nobody can be THAT nice about being assholed. And the players can't be THAT merkiny if Brown is THAT nice.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
It seems like ok gig to me. It's not like the roster sucks.

Based on all the shit coming out now it doesn't seem like such a rosy gig.

I mean it's still better than taking the warriors or titans job but still a lot of work to be done there.

Welp, this feels like it came out of nowhere but somehow isn't surprising. It's been clear for awhile that Brown has achieved all he can at the Knights. Rebuilt the squad to be formidable but doesn't have the secret sauce to win a premiership.

Does Seibs have the secret sauce? It seems like he's an even better spin-doctor than Brown. What was that self-manufactured stat he tried to instill as an official statistic which should be measured in the sport of Rugby League? That one time you guys had 90% "tackle efficiency" was it?...or "contact effectiveness"?

lol Darius the master 5/8 is as good as Luke Keary on paper too btw, and he won't be retiring early according to all reports. Good times.

What happened to Milford being the man at 6?

MilkShark

First Grade
He's going to f**k this up.

The media has decided to turn him into a villain and it's going to take a miracle to turn that around.

Doesn't help that he radiates smug.
I don’t know him from a bar of soap and up until this week or 2 I thought he was a nice guy, pretty humble. All of that has changed now.

But now I think him as a smug little disrespectful smart ass.

I could be wrong but that’s how he has come across to me and I think a lot of other people also.

If he does make an apology tonight, it’s damage control and I don’t think anyone really believes him.

perverse

Referee
He's a kid who made a dumb, thoughtless, disrespectful comment trying to make light of something that inherently shouldn't be made light of. He's certainly not the first, and won't be the last. It was stupid, but wow everyone has blown it way out of proportion too.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Kalyn Ponga going on NRL360 tonight to apologise I heard.
It's a throwaway comment, people are such soft c*cks these days.

Ponga is the villain & the chumps on the Newcastle management spinning on how much they f*cked up the Brown departure.

nick87

Coach
It's been great to see how many fans have turned on Ponga for this work this year and now these comments. And granted it's not that many in the grand scheme of things but it's enough that warrented him to make some horseshit apology

Really warms the black cockles of my heart. No chance this guy should stick around to play for this club and these fans. And he wont.

Nevan_

First Grade
Browny brought this down upon himself. Trying to fix a bad club culture by bringing in ROOSTERS PLAYERS is like trying to cure HIV by chopping your dick off.

Latest posts