What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

BLM01

First Grade
He was pushing back on the fans trying to influence us by saying “he can coach” thus inferring the fans have got it wrong and no need for fans to carry their anti coach banners do you agree with him?
Channel 9 & Fox dictating the agenda and thought process is infuriating and I expect better from our players on the field before they start having a crack at the fans.
I realise the players have to serve the masters but I don’t have to like it nor should I refrain from commenting re my disappointment.

No I dont think McGregor is a good coach but i was never a 1st grade player either
Maybe Graham thinks he can coach Ok and he is entitled to his opinion..just like you

I dont agree with the anti banner stuff... for me it achieves nothing... just like the on line petitions and the protest rally at the leagues club few years ago...a few turn up waving banners..then forgotten.
I share the frustration....but the people all that stuff is meant for....to spur into action dont treat it seriously anyway
But I agree he should be entitled to bring them in if he wants to stand there holding it up...it hurts no-one.
Most people I talk to about it and some non Dragons supporters just think he and others look like whingeing geese and just say typical Drgaon supporters.

The banner guy and his son were the ones who missed out...to see the game they paid and were going to watch by walking away...no one else
but he got his message across and fame...good on him..but it does not change anything unfortunately

No I dont think McGregor is a good coach but i was never a 1st grade player either
Maybe Graham thinks he can coach Ok and he is entitled to his opinion..just like you

I dont agree with the anti banner stuff... for me it achieves nothing... just like the on line petitions and the protest rally at the leagues club few years ago...a few turn up waving banners..then forgotten.
I share the frustration....but the people all that stuff is meant for....to spur into action dont treat it seriously anyway
But I agree he should be entitled to bring them in if he wants to stand there holding it up...it hurts no-one.
Most people I talk to about it and some non Dragons supporters just think he and others look like whingeing geese and just say typical Drgaon supporters.

The banner guy and his son were the ones who missed out...to see the game they paid and were going to watch by walking away...no one else
but he got his message across and fame...good on him..but it does not change anything unfortunately

Weakling.

Straight Shooter

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The main point here IMO, is not the situation with the banners or Graham. Where I look for leadership from our CEO, I find none, I look for response from our club (other than a general "policy" statement), there is none. How silent has our Board and CEO been, I mean it's almost hearing a pin drop.

Our CEO should have fronted the media and whilst sympathizing with the turned away banner people, then should have stated the "policy. Putting a human face to this would have, at the very least, shown positive management of the situation. Not leaving it up to a player on a TV program.

Whilst I'm at it, with all this speculation about player movements, players being shown the door or asked to look around, there has been silence on this front as well. No signings news also or even a squad update from the 30 June deadline. Is Kaufusi only here for 2019 or is he playing for a 2020 contract(hence his selection in 1st grade)?

No wonder Dragons fans are frustrated.

I have the feeling the Board and CEO are playing the "head in the sand" game, waiting for the season to end, when everything will die down, the fans go into hibernation mode and the disaster of 2019 a memory. We'll start to get the trickling of exciting signing and re-signing journeymen news. Again we will here the cry of "I finally have the team I want" as we go deep into pre-season. "I'm excited" will become the catch cry of our supercoach.

However, the only catch cry I want to hear from him is "I'm exited".

Then and only then will I become "excited"!

BLM01

First Grade
Weakling.

Straight Shooter
Touche..but will always support a player being able to have his say....even if under instructions or dont agree with his opinion.....as we all able to have one
That and playing for our club being on our side of the trenches. the club I love... is where I stop
When we start getting into performance then its open slather

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator

On the contrary, his timing was almost perfect. A month ago McGregor was still considered the man for the job by most commentators, it was only the fans who saw it differently.

At least now it is being discussed in the main stream media. Sustained pressure from supporters does make a difference.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
When will people learn that the media take quotes out of context to rile up simple people?
You're absolutely correct. I can't access 360 or Fox and only read the media report. If fellow forummers who saw the footage think Graham was taken out of context, then that's good enough for me.

The point remains however that there exists a banner registration process. Banners need to be within certain size limits and the 'content' needs to acceptable etc., all of which kind of smells like dress code rules from the 1970s.

I'm curious, has anyone ever had a banner refused registration because of the words?

BLM01

First Grade
On the contrary, his timing was almost perfect. A month ago McGregor was still considered the man for the job by most commentators, it was only the fans who saw it differently.

At least now it is being discussed in the main stream media. Sustained pressure from supporters does make a difference.
I agree wit that but the media focus is on a fan being denied access with banners and the lack of freedom of speech...not (and I am hope i am wrong with this) on the club on field performances and the club decisions, recriutment and retention, player selection of the coach through non performances and the stats at back end of seasons for 5 years running

getsmarty

Immortal
I agree wit that but the media focus is on a fan being denied access with banners and the lack of freedom of speech...not (and I am hope i am wrong with this) on the club on field performances and the club decisions, recriutment and retention, player selection of the coach through non performances and the stats at back end of seasons for 5 years running

Its a great diversion........

BLM01

First Grade
Its a great diversion........
Exactly but the points are not getting air played.
They did let him have some say and make some points on the fans angst with the club on the inferior sports section on triple MMM this morning so a start...but it became about banning the banners and that is where my concern is where it will rest

getsmarty

Immortal
Exactly but the points are not getting air played.
They did let him have some say and make some points on the fans angst with the club on the inferior sports section on triple MMM this morning so a start...but it became about banning the banners and that is where my concern is where it will rest

Our club are the kings of Spin....if its not the Banners...it will be JDB...then the assistants...they have a ready made thesaurus of excuses.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Jammer has more dramas than supporting our clueless coach...
Really hope hes playing busted..If not hes being rag dolled aka Dufty by All rival forward packs for the majority of the Season....
I think James should finish up this year but I don’t think he will, however I must defend him to the extent that he played minutes in games this year that were in many ways beyond him. He was always going to be used as a player who would be used off the bench or in relatively short bursts at the beginning of a game. But JBD’s night out, injuries to Frizzel and Vaughan and Mary’s superb management of our bench, as well as his lack of confidence in any up and coming forwards, meant that James had to play more minutes each game and assume a role that would have suited him five years ago, not in 2019. Added to that were his injuries. No I’m not prepared to put his on field efforts down or to attack him for not putting the boot into Mary on 360. Running down a coach on TV is not, I don’t think, is Grahams go, nor would it be many other players. Some put forward Ponga, Pearce and Klemmer as examples of players who have been ‘brave’ enough to say what they really think of their coach. These three ‘honest heroes ‘ only said what they said about Brown AFTER it was announced he was going. I actually think saying fans should be able to take banners into a game as well as saying that there were other ways to express fan disappointment emphasised that fans are up in arms and he virtually implied that fans should explore other ways of expressing their anger. As for the TV commentators on the show, they had no excuse for not pursuing MacGregor’s head, but Kent and other members of the media chorus are singing the same tune to protect Mary’s arse.

Latest posts