What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

T-Boon

Coach
The NFL's (and American sports in general's) refusal to have sponsors on their uniforms (though that is changing) is only made possible by their willingness to make concessions with how long the game takes to play by creating stoppages for ads to be played in.

Obviously I only speak for myself (though I'd be willing to bet I speak for the majority), but I much rather that the team wears a Huawei logo on their bellies then each game take half a day to play because we've artificially lengthened it to fit a shit ton of ads in it.

Sure the Americans do a lot of things way better then we do when it comes to professional sports, but when it comes to emulating American sports you should be very careful what you wish for...

Baseball does not have TV time outs. Football and basketball do but it serves two purposes. Firstly they make a lot of money, secondly it holds the coaches to a high standard of participation to make adjustments.
They destroy the nrl for crowds even at college and in some states high school level so like whatever.
Same can be said for AFL which increase stoppages for bigger money and the like. Way better crowds and popularity generally.

axl rose

Bench
What were the Sharks wearing when Gallen made his debut? They could have worn a version of that.
This one maybe

l_2001%20impact%20common%20card%20(74).jpg

The Great Dane

First Grade
Baseball does not have TV time outs. Football and basketball do but it serves two purposes. Firstly they make a lot of money, secondly it holds the coaches to a high standard of participation to make adjustments.
They destroy the nrl for crowds even at college and in some states high school level so like whatever.
Same can be said for AFL which increase stoppages for bigger money and the like. Way better crowds and popularity generally.

So it's okay to mess with the on field product for financial gain, but it's not okay to touch the uniforms under any circumstances, even if that is for financial gain. . . Somebody needs to make their mind up.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
With all the nostalgia surrounding the farewell to Willows last night, earlier in the week I watched the compressed highlights package of the R1 1995 match on Kayo.

I noticed that for TV games in 1995, club logos were painted into the field.

These days, that appears only to occur on Grand Final day - if at all (i think last year they had sideline mats for the clubs instead?).

Then I remembered that bar the NRL TP logo (and even then sometimes not even that), no logos are painted on the surface anymore, it's all digitally projected.

So why couldn't we have logos projected onto the surface for every game, either side of the NRL logo like it used to happen in 1995?

carcharias

Immortal
With all the nostalgia surrounding the farewell to Willows last night, earlier in the week I watched the compressed highlights package of the R1 1995 match on Kayo.

I noticed that for TV games in 1995, club logos were painted into the field.

These days, that appears only to occur on Grand Final day - if at all (i think last year they had sideline mats for the clubs instead?).

Then I remembered that bar the NRL TP logo (and even then sometimes not even that), no logos are painted on the surface anymore, it's all digitally projected.

So why couldn't we have logos projected onto the surface for every game, either side of the NRL logo like it used to happen in 1995?

Um
What happened to Willows??