What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
What about bringing Adam Keighran back. Has another 1 year with Warriors but apparently will be released if he can get a deal elsewhere. Has been playing in halves for Warriors but mainly used in centres in his 1 year with us. Handy footballer could be decent back up and still only 22. Would be cheap back up signing.

and can play Centre too. That is the sort of player we need. We can't sign elite players so lets strengthen the whole squad

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Korosiau looks to be off to the Dogs. One of the things I never understand about those who handwave away the shitty way we handled taking Cleary back from the Tigers with "Who cares if other fans hate us?" is that they seem to forget that players also pay attention to shit like that, and it will definitely have an effect on our recruitment, even if it means having to pay a bit more to convince someone to come here.

Just call me Nostradamus.

I neglected the siren call of re-signing our previous discards (Cleary, Barrett, Grant, MWZ....)

Kilkenny

Coach
Just call me Nostradamus.

I neglected the siren call of re-signing our previous discards (Cleary, Barrett, Grant, MWZ....)

A little unfair to include low key, minimum cost/depth signings in Grant and MWZ. They did what they were required to do in 2019.

MWZ has actually been very good in CC. Not saying he was ever quite NRL standard but is still a useful low key depth player.

Panther Mick

Juniors
A little unfair to include low key, minimum cost/depth signings in Grant and MWZ. They did what they were required to do in 2019.

MWZ has actually been very good in CC. Not saying he was ever quite NRL standard but is still a useful low key depth player.

That is right. Sometimes with injury or you are waiting for certain players to develop you need a few low key players to come in and play 5, 10, or 15 matches.

maple_69

Bench
1. Edwards/Staines/Laurie
2. Mansour/Naden
3. Crichton
4. Whare/???
5. To’o
6. Burton/Luai
7. Cleary
8. Tamou
9. Api
10. JFH
11. Kikau
12. Yeo/Martin
13. Blore/Yeo/Martin/Leota
14. Leota
15. Leniu
16. Martin
17. Egan/May/Kenny/Luai/Burton/Herherington/Burns/RCG

I think we have a top 17 that could be very competitive with good coaching (improved structure, discipline and consistency of application). If we don’t get that then don’t worry either way. There’s a decent amount of competition. Would definitely love to upgrade one more position if we can flip Reggie and free up $500K odd. Arrow would be nice but I don’t think it’s the right move with a guy of Blore’s immense talent coming through. Outside of Scott/Welch/Fifita I’m sure there’ll be guys that pop up in the off season merry go round. Then some experienced depth would be fine.

MugaB

Coach
Gould didn't let Graham go.
Graham went to the sharks, when Matthew Elliott was coach, and only left coz he wanted to play 1st grade, coz he was stuck behind travis burns, at the time, cowboys had wanted to have him play 5/8th with thurston, but he opted to go to the sharks instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.