What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

parrawentyfan

Juniors
At the risk of getting flamed I agree with those saying that clubs should maintain their image. Don't change your jersey, socks etc for a charity. Several people commented to me that the Raiders looked like the Cowboys. It is not the end of the world but it is annoying.

If they want to raise awareness or money do it another way. It would be better if they made an effort with ground signage - side advertising, big screen, grass, goalpost covers etc. Give the stadium a colour theme or something but don't touch the uniforms.

Stallion

First Grade
You're making that up - Literally not one person I have spoken with have expressed any confusion about the jersey - As has been stated on multiple occasions, the charitable jersey was well publicised game - Everyone knew about it

Anyway, that wasn't even a point of my post - My point was, and remains, that there was absolutely no impact to the Raiders image, imagined by you or otherwise.

Yes Their was impact and it was negative! When people are struggling to work out whom is playing (and I mean casual fans on the main) that is not what I call positive for pushing the club brand.

Stallion

First Grade
ABC radio is ridiculed because you're complaining about visual identity on an aural medium. And you're not being bullied, you're being disagreed with and you can't handle people challenging your opinion.

Not at all.Just because my opinion is right! :relaxed:

carcharias

Immortal
So you proved my point in the last line. You don't care and don't pay attention lol

No
It was suggested that nobody would’ve mistaken it for the cowboys or they couldn’t see the score.
I called bullshit
I didn’t see the score, nor did I realise it was the raiders.

I’m right again

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yes Their was impact and it was negative! When people are struggling to work out whom is playing (and I mean casual fans on the main) that is not what I call positive for pushing the club brand.

Are you seriously implying, that for this one game the Raiders playing in a one off jersey for an excellent and very deserving cause, had a negative impact on their brand...? Wow. Just, wow.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Cmon guys. We're long past the point where jersey colours are sacred and cannot be touched. Even the All Blacks wear s different strip on occasion, it's not the end of the world.

Stallion

First Grade
Cmon guys. We're long past the point where jersey colours are sacred and cannot be touched. Even the All Blacks wear s different strip on occasion, it's not the end of the world.

It's not the point in this instance.The Raiders had a perfect opportunity to display their main look on FTA primetime tv. This was lost by a decision to use another organisations main colour scheme . In respects to overall club look exposure, this was not a wise move. That's it. Nothing against some charity. It's just not the best outcome for projecting a widespread look that is associated with a club on a day where more people will be viewing the club on FTA tv. That's all. Nothing else. That's it.

Reflector

Juniors
The NRL is poor at brand integrity. You've got 26 rounds in a season so the teams have less TV exposure than the NBA for instance, where there's 80 games in a season. The clubs' home jersey should be its' main identity, with the away jersey only for games where there's a clash. Besides that, alternate between an Indigenous/ heritage round each season. But keep it at that.

For other special rounds (WIL, junior clubs etc) there's no problem changing the socks or the refs' gear to match, but don't touch the jerseys. It's no coincidence that the clubs with the strongest branding in the league are the ones who have a traditional jersey and colours and don't keep tinkering with them. Save that for the away/ alternate.

kdalymc

Bench
So the Warriors make their best jersey in 20 something, they sell a billion of em, and they wear it 7 times... good work knobs

Latest posts