What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8 Centres/Wingers Under 21 Better than Lomax

Frank Facer

First Grade
Have they been seen in the same room (thread) together :thinking:
Now that you mention it, I am pretty sure Mickey said Aitken was a certainty to play origin a few weeks out from last year's first origin game. lol. We all know how highly Gitano rates Aitken. lol

Ever since Mickey said Aitken was going to play origin, his form went to shit and he never regained it. Thanks Mickey, it is for the best.

Lomax will end up being an immortal now, thanks to you Mickey.

The point being your bagging one of our more promising juniors without him even playing in his preferred position but judging him when his playing out of position on the wing outside the worst centres in the nrl Lafai or Aiken.
Not to mention that there is no credible evidence to suggest he's slow. On the contrary.
Great one on one defender, and is a natural footballer.
The try he laid on for Dufty late in the Brisbane slaughter was an absolute gem.
The only comparison that is relevant is comparing Lomax to the 2 incumbent centres.
He is better than both and yet he finds himself catching a cold on the wing.

WepnutV

Juniors
He Micky, your not so fine but still blow my mind hey micky!!! pretty sure Lomax is the youngest on that list. He's played more positions then anyone on that list. He is the best goal kicker in our team behind Widdop, he can pass, catch ,kick and tackle and is footy smart. Will turn out a better player then most the players on that list and will prob be our long term fullback not Centre..

possm

Coach
Just to kill this ridiculous argument that we continue to promote regarding the overrated potential of (S)Lomax...Seriously he is so far behind the below players in the same age bracket in development and achievement that it's not funny and I'm probably missing a few...Lomax offers very little...can blame the coach to some extent but there are some obvious physical attributes that he's missing that can't be coached................speed, strength, x factor... add to this that he's arguably the slowest centre under the age of 22 and we have a dud on our hands...

List of Superior Players in similar Position and Similar age:
Bronson Xerri (Sharks)
Nick Cotric (Raiders)
Latrell Mitchell (Roosters)
Papenhuyzen (Melb)
Kotoni Staggs (Broncos)
Brian To'o (Panthers)
Bailey Simonsson(Raiders)
Enari Tuala (Cowboys)

We need proven centers and if possible I would go for a Gagai, Morris combination even for a 2 year period, I would also try and rope back Nene on one wing . Re Fullback I'm pretty certain re Sailor becoming a success...
There is no but ………………. The coach and only the coach is to blame. Lomax has performed at a very high level in his progress to first grade. Mary has done nothing but suck away his confidence and put him on the wing outside two of the worst centres in the NRL. He has been shifted to the forwards, to fullback to both wings and to both centre positions.

Bring in a good coach and you will see Lomax shine, just like Garrick is now shining under Hasler.

I think you are on the wrong track with this one Mickeylane.

Last edited:

saintly1996

Juniors
Just to kill this ridiculous argument that we continue to promote regarding the overrated potential of (S)Lomax...Seriously he is so far behind the below players in the same age bracket in development and achievement that it's not funny and I'm probably missing a few...Lomax offers very little...can blame the coach to some extent but there are some obvious physical attributes that he's missing that can't be coached................speed, strength, x factor... add to this that he's arguably the slowest centre under the age of 22 and we have a dud on our hands...

Bronson Xerri (Sharks)
Nick Cotric (Raiders)
Papenhuyzen (Melb)
Kotoni Staggs (Broncos)
Brian To'o (Panthers)
Enari Tuala (Cowboys)

We need proven centers and if possible I would go for a Gagai, Morris combination even for a 2 year period, I would also try and rope back Nene on one wing . Re Fullback I'm pretty certain re Sailor becoming a success...

Mate, crawl back under the rock you came from

Paddles

Juniors
'Just putting together a little something about the most promising centre to debut at the club in a decade, brb'

D0b4iOnUYAAgArh.jpg

rasaint

Juniors
Mickey Lane Zac has many posters on the forum who strongly believe he is a top class prodigious talent.

I raised the concerns I had the degree of expectation and belief in Zac as the next big thing. I acknowledged his very good pressure goal kicking ability, good general defence at centre and his nice kick for Dufty ( a high end speedster) in the Broncs semi last year. As Kahu was quickly reeling him in.

Time will tell but right now In 2019 I would take most on your list of players before Zac, especially Xerri.I haven’t seen Zac even once beat anyone in 1grade, ie step and bust tackle. He is not bog slow but lacks that zip. BTW have a look at any Mark Gasnier highlights and you will see what a flying machine he was.

Walpole

Juniors
Mickey Lane Zac has many posters on the forum who strongly believe he is a top class prodigious talent.

I raised the concerns I had the degree of expectation and belief in Zac as the next big thing. I acknowledged his very good pressure goal kicking ability, good general defence at centre and his nice kick for Dufty ( a high end speedster) in the Broncs semi last year. As Kahu was quickly reeling him in.

Time will tell but right now In 2019 I would take most on your list of players before Zac, especially Xerri.I haven’t seen Zac even once beat anyone in 1grade, ie step and bust tackle. He is not bog slow but lacks that zip. BTW have a look at any Mark Gasnier highlights and you will see what a flying machine he was.
The flaw in your argument is you would take those other blokes based on their form for their teams against Lomax's form for ours.

Put Cotric or Xerri outside Aitken or Lafai and see how many tries they score. Or run them on for the last six minutes of a game and see how much impact they make. Or change the position they play every two weeks.

Lomax will end up a very good NRL player, but if McGregor stays coach he'll have to go somewhere else to do it.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Bronson Xerri (Sharks)
Nick Cotric (Raiders)
Papenhuyzen (Melb)
Kotoni Staggs (Broncos)
Brian To'o (Panthers)
Enari Tuala (Cowboys)

While the vast majority of your post is unfounded, there is one element which is correct: Lomax’s alleged speed is a fallacy.

BLM01

First Grade
why am i wrong here...tell me why hes not being picked in the centres over Lafai or Aitken all year...surely if he was the prodigal; son he would be a walk up start...the fact is that he's not up to 1st grade standard and I want you to prove me otherwise and show me that he's a better quality player than the list above...
see you cant...
I can...at least 3 of those dont play centres and centre is his posiiton..not fullback not wing.
I agree he does not have the speed for the back 3.
Matt Cooper was not as fast as Gaz either but just as affective with different skill sets

Last edited:

Vinnie

Juniors

Bronson Xerri (Sharks)
Nick Cotric (Raiders)
Papenhuyzen (Melb)
Kotoni Staggs (Broncos)
Brian To'o (Panthers)
Enari Tuala (Cowboys)

The difference there is that all the players you have mentioned were given time to settle in and prove themselves ! Our coach gives them 10 mins to do that !! Big difference buddy

merahputih

Juniors
He Micky, your not so fine but still blow my mind hey micky!!! pretty sure Lomax is the youngest on that list. He's played more positions then anyone on that list. He is the best goal kicker in our team behind Widdop, he can pass, catch ,kick and tackle and is footy smart. Will turn out a better player then most the players on that list and will prob be our long term fullback not Centre..
I hear his nickname in the squad is "Kama Sutra".