What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Next?

Who do you want to see replace Brown?

• Geoff Toovey

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Adam O'Brien

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Barrett

• Shaun Wane

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Kristian Woolf

• Garth Brennan

• Jason Ryles

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Burwood

Bench
They aren’t conducting interviews- they aren’t needed when Gardner already has his dossier of every coach.

All he is doing is sitting opposite them in a room, he stares them in the eyes for 5-1 seconds, and then he knows whether or not they have passed his character test.

I seriously think that part of the reason Gardner is going for O'Brien is that Moses is his manager.
Moses has a record of stacking contracts with third party deals and having him linked to the club more deeply as manager of the coach opens the door to more deals through Moses.
There is appeal if we get more third party deals but it comes with risk through Moses.
Red flags were raised over the integrity of deals that were done by Moses with Tedeso's contract. There has been other splits away from Moses and there is a pending court case between him and his former business partner.

Yosh

Coach
The article or the Tweet?
I can't see the article but in the Tweet Toohey is saying that if O'Brien was a done deal a few weeks ago then the Knights are going through an awful amount of trouble to cover their tracks.

Ah... I meant the article but it's okay! Cheers anyways!

Yosh

Coach
I seriously think that part of the reason Gardner is going for O'Brien is that Moses is his manager.
Moses has a record of stacking contracts with third party deals and having him linked to the club more deeply as manager of the coach opens the door to more deals through Moses.
There is appeal if we get more third party deals but it comes with risk through Moses.
Red flags were raised over the integrity of deals that were done by Moses with Tedeso's contract. There has been other splits away from Moses and there is a pending court case between him and his former business partner.

Still believe O'Brian is the best option anyway so no loss right?

Yosh

Coach
I know it's only one game and against the worst team in the NRL but Woolfe had us playing good footy today. Nice. Would have been nice to have had him lead the team starting two months ago.

TooheysNew

Coach
I know it's only one game and against the worst team in the NRL but Woolfe had us playing good footy today. Nice. Would have been nice to have had him lead the team starting two months ago.
Would have made zero difference.

Bartwah

Juniors
I’m the only one that voted for him to be our next coach lol. Hopefully he does well at St Helens

Knight76

Juniors
Yeah we went well against the cowboys as well. Came up against some tougher opposition and crumbled.

Next week we will have some tougher opposition. See how we go.

Burwood

Bench
'Any role he wants': Newcastle want Joey to be white Knight

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/an...-joey-to-be-white-knight-20190831-p52mpu.html

There's a few interesting nuggets in there.

Christ, Gardner is looking dumber and dumber every day.

Either he’s already decided on O’Brien as coach and run Joey’s involvement past him (despite insisting that the decision hadn’t already been made weeks ago), or he’s making key personnel decisions without running them past the future coach.

Latest posts