What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R24 Sat - Roosters 22-6 Panthers @ SCG

Round 24: Roosters v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willie Ray

Bench
I think the best is yet to come for the Roosters....
great list,great coach and an exciting playing style.....they love this time of year.
Oh and... Aubbo>>Legend.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I guess it’ll probably be another Storm v Rorters GF. I might go camping that weekend, so I’m away from any screens.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Roosters 22 Panthers 6:

Roosters push Panthers out of finals contention
Tim Costello | August 31 2019 9:25PM

Sydney Roosters v Penrith Panthers

The reigning premiers won't win the minor premiership, but they continued their solid formline heading into finals - the Roosters came away 22-6 winners over the Penrith Panthers at the SCG tonight, with the away side now all but out of the finals race.

The loss for Penrith leaves them on 22 points, two points shy of the Sharks in eighth place. With their differential blowing out to -105, the men from the foot of the mountains will require a mathematical miracle to make finals - and even that chance could evaporate tomorrow if Cronulla overcome the Raiders.

Read the full report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/34025-roosters-v-panthers-report/

So if the cap is working why is it that the competition is so uneven??

Might because some clubs have idiots running them with little football; or business nous. Have a look at sports with strict salary caps and drafts like in the US and how many times do you see teams with cap space and high draft picks be perennial cellar dwellers? If you want an example of a poorly run team in the NRL with bad front office/board, look at the Gold Coast Titans as a prime example.

TheFrog

Coach
A lot more needed than just Korisau and Luai or Burton to fix the attack. A better coach would be nice but we’re stuck with this one.. again.
Funny thing is it doesn't take all that much to turn an average NRL side into a good one. What did the Panthers gain between '02 and '03? Preston Campbell, thats about it. The rest was blokes hitting their sweet spot.