What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val is not happy

Feej

First Grade
He's never coming back. Kudos to his manager for setting him up with a great gap year while he negotiates with the Cowboys.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Jets have the international pathway program they can sign him too which isn't included in the cap. Don't be able to play to 2019-20 season but can train with the squad.
Or come home and earn 7 or 8 times as much.

We will see how keen he is.

Financially it is a no brainer in the short term.

snout

First Grade
Will obviously come home.
Was never going to make it.
Same as hayne - novelty value and rose coloured reporting by aussie media.

But good on him for having a go and wouldve been an amazing experience. But 20 million young guys have been on the radar and playing the game for 10 years longer than him.

If a young yank came to play our game after learning it in the last 6 months he woild also be novelty value and lucky to get a wing spot.

Manfred moore.

In summary ..go away Val.

Him and Hayne will bring nothing to your club.
They are all about themsleves, their managers and money.

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
Signed to the practice squad or whatever it is.
Apparently the Sharks have spoken to him about his plans for a possible return.
Come home Val.

It's always been a dream of Moyza's to get paid to train and do f**k all else. Direct swap please.

Craigshark

First Grade
No one couldn’t honestly say they wouldn’t be happy if he came back and slotted straight back in to fullback. All would be forgiven the first time he scored a try only players like him can score

even Frenzy ;)

Last edited:

Feej

First Grade
No way he plays for us if he comes back. He'll be a Cowboy after his gap year.

PJ

First Grade
Or come home and earn 7 or 8 times as much.

We will see how keen he is.

Financially it is a no brainer in the short term.

Angry I don't believe that is true.

A friend of mine (massive Sharks fan) is involved with third party payments for some Sharks players and Val consulted him before deciding on the NFL.

Val was paid a massive amount to go over there.

Far from being economically disadvantaged by following his dream, he was actually in front.

I don't know what the situation is if he stays now.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Angry I don't believe that is true.

A friend of mine (massive Sharks fan) is involved with third party payments for some Sharks players and Val consulted him before deciding on the NFL.

Val was paid a massive amount to go over there.

Far from being economically disadvantaged by following his dream, he was actually in front.

I don't know what the situation is if he stays now.
Short term is minimum wage of $130,000 but could come home for much more.

If he persists and makes it, whole different story, talking millions, many millions.

PJ

First Grade
Short term is minimum wage of $130,000 but could come home for much more.

If he persists and makes it, whole different story, talking millions, many millions.

That is what is reported, but he also got a sh!t tonne more to go and be in the program over there.

If he stays for the year and that figure is correct, he will be out of pocket but not by much based on what he got to head over,

Latest posts