What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Yosh

Coach
Do we need another middle forward at that price? Will Glasby be finished by the time Jai comes?

perverse

Referee
Can we re-sign Hunt already? I don't think it's particularly controversial to say he's been our best outside back this year, and he's been happy to keep turning up and performing on a pie and coke contract - even playing out of position. If anyone has earned a pat on the back and an upgrade, it's him.

Regardless of Toa and Best coming through, Hunt would absolutely be an asset to the squad.

I wouldn't be looking at Ramien again. It doesn't even matter if it was just an issue with Brown - the fact that he can just chuck his toys out of the cot like that when shit isn't going his way is unsettling to me. Suppose he doesn't like the next coach either? Then what?

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
If were talking back line for mine

1 Ponga
2 Lee
3 Best
4 Hunt
5 To'a

Tex Hoy in the mix aswell. I see no need for Ramien especially when were supposed to be short on cash

Yosh

Coach
If Ramien had an issue with Brown, why does he want an upgrade? Just play then and show the club, fans and the team why you deserve another chance.

If we do upgrade his contract after his temper tantrum, what sort of precedent are we setting?

There is a good player in there somewhere so I am all for second chances but upgrade? I think not.

1. Ponga
2. Lee
3. Best
4. Ramien
5. Hunt

Not too shabby and we have depth as well then.

Spot On

Coach
Cody Walker threw the toys out of the cot a couple seasons back.

Souths would probably be pretty happy they played ball and gave him more coin.

So there is precedent. Is it a good one for a club to follow? Probably not.

That said, there's no denying that Ramien is talented and that our recruitment, style of play/coaching and lack of no 6 did not help him out too much.

People can argue he was pretty poor for us and if they do, they must be prepared to say exactly the same about some of our highly paid players as well.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
I'd rather have super talented head cases than top blokes who try hard and aren't any good.

Ramien means I never have to watch sione play centre again.
No point having a super talented head case who doesn't turn up. I don't want to see Sione in the centres either, but surely there are better options than bending over and forking out more cash for someone else who tried and failed.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Can we re-sign Hunt already? I don't think it's particularly controversial to say he's been our best outside back this year, and he's been happy to keep turning up and performing on a pie and coke contract - even playing out of position. If anyone has earned a pat on the back and an upgrade, it's him.

Regardless of Toa and Best coming through, Hunt would absolutely be an asset to the squad.

I wouldn't be looking at Ramien again. It doesn't even matter if it was just an issue with Brown - the fact that he can just chuck his toys out of the cot like that when shit isn't going his way is unsettling to me. Suppose he doesn't like the next coach either? Then what?
I have no issues with signing Hunt but I wouldn't be breaking the bank for him. He's a solid centre with a limited ceiling imo. Throwing a lot of money at him will restrict us with signing or keeping other players. We signed Ross on decent money and that didn't work out well, so I'd hate to go down the same path with Hunt. I'd be willing to offer 180K for next year, take it or leave it.

On another topic - Does anyone have any thoughts as to what will happen with Levi and Eseese now? With Brown departed do you think that we may hold onto them? Levi I reckon is highly unlikely due to the Brailey signing.

TooheysNew

Coach
I have no issues with signing Hunt but I wouldn't be breaking the bank for him. He's a solid centre with a limited ceiling imo. Throwing a lot of money at him will restrict us with signing or keeping other players. We signed Ross on decent money and that didn't work out well, so I'd hate to go down the same path with Hunt. I'd be willing to offer 180K for next year, take it or leave it.

On another topic - Does anyone have any thoughts as to what will happen with Levi and Eseese now? With Brown departed do you think that we may hold onto them? Levi I reckon is highly unlikely due to the Brailey signing.
180k? Hahaha. You're so out of touch.

perverse

Referee

You're saying that Hunt is worth around 0.5% of the salary cap? I'm not suggesting to spend 800k on the bloke, and I don't think we'd have to. We're thin on centres as it is and he's a proven performer. I think we can afford to spend a bit more than that on retaining him. I'd be happy to pay him as much as $250-300k. That's still under the average wage, and that's without taking any sort of TPA's for anyone into account.

If we still had Ramien on the books then I would say sure, he's expendable. I don't think it's fair to discard Hunt and lean that heavily on the juniors coming through at this stage.

I'd say very unlikely for Levi, maybe for Ese'ese.