What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 vs Tigers

1. Our forward play - lots of one out bash and barge running. Easy pickings for the opposition. PREDICTABLE.
2. Our Attack - Fortunately we were gifted 2 tries by the Tigers otherwise the score line would have been even more embarrassing. No creativity or purpose in attack. PREDICTABLE.
3. Our Defence - conceded 7 tries today - yet another second half fade. PREDICTABLE.
4. Our game plan - "Dragon's Footy" - McGregor may as well pass around Xerox copies to the other coaches. PREDICTABLE.
5. Another week goes by since McGregor stated that we could still win the comp. Another thrashing. PREDICTABLE.
6. The players are fed up and are no longer buying what McGregor is selling as a coach. PREDICTABLE.

Tigers Game
Sure the Tiges had plenty to play for but they totally outclassed us in the second half.
*Benji and Brooks totally outplayed Widdop and Hunt. Hunt is just not focused.
*Pearson is not FG standard.
*Lafai ineffectual again. 15 games without a try. Why is he the first picked every week?
*Sailor not our FB solution.

I am now curious as to what little "wins" McGregor may glean from today's performance.
We lost both halves of footy and scored two tries from kicks.
Where is Johnston now? Where to do we go from here?
What is so important about retaining McGregor as coach at the expense of everything else?

Love to get some other insights form others on the forum

sa1nt5

Juniors
Dear Fox and nine I am unable to support your coverage of NRL in 2020 if Paul McGregor is still an NRL coach. Your organisations need to apply pressure to the Dragons board ( they will fold like an accordion) To the peanuts who resigned McGregor I cannot attend your home or away games until you drop McGregor from your coaching ranks. My membership will be null and void and renewal impossible. My grandson turns one in February and I cannot buy his first membership, this saddens me, as he may end up in support of another club. You all deserve a pay cut as reward for your efforts this year, none of you would last a season at The Roosters or Melbourne thus you are not actually employable in your fields, not even Newcastle or Titans would take you on their books as you have shown with alacrity that you offer no value for money, some shame would be more fitting Who is accountable amongst yourselves for this mess. Will anybody take responsibility for their part wether active or passive. It is your alacrity this year and especially in resigning your mate that suggests no

Even the bounce of the ball to Pearson goes to a tiger.
Frizzell great game. LOL.
I wonder what would have happened if we scored the tries we bombed.
The first time we look in the contest and we turn it up.
Surely these imposters want to win at some stage.
Do they have any shred of fckn decency.
We've been competitive in plenty of games for 30-40 minutes then we collapse.
Players don't believe we can win.
All comes back to the coach.

jeffdragon

Bench
I was upset a bit because of the blowout .
Which I haven't been for the past few weeks.
One more week, I don't usually look forward to the long off season.
But all our fans need a break from the shit for the past 25 weeks.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Pearson wasn't great, but he at least played with a bit of spirit, and we aren't paying him big bucks like Hunt and Widdop. Sailor was awful, I know he's young but he had a poor game and shouldn't be fullback. The teams defence was woeful, all over the shop - who is the defence coach again?

Corey Norman would be delighted to have missed that shemozzle.

St Georgio

Juniors
Sorry to the Most Intellectual Rugby League Brains of all time on this Beautiful Forum of all time, Benji Marshall is useless, Benji is past his Best, Benji is an old Man, Benji Should Retire, hold your middle leg, Breathe Deeply for 9 Times and then release until euphoria surrounds your entire body, OMG we are surrounded by the most ugly nosed smelly players of all time, god bless America.
Hiindsight, If I was CEO Benji would have been our 5/8, I would have bought first class tickets back to the Pommy land for McIdiot, Widdop and the Greentree family!

Wittenberg

Juniors
Yes, they did. So did Sailor.

They'll probably all be dropped next week for not sticking to the game plan.
Can’t agree re Sailor in the sense that he had a very average game. He did put in though. I do like how he trails our players up the middle and maybe this will bring rewards in future. His two kicks were very poor and led to Tiger’s tries and both he and Lomax were stripped and these strips resulted in Tiger tries as well. Perhaps he is deceptively fast, because he certainly does not look like he has the pace of Field or Dufty. He showed courage and good judgement under the high ball and only spilt one kick but his returns with the ball had little if any impact. He was tossed around the way Dufty is but at least he tried to hit the ground quicker. If he’d been playing behind and for the Tigers his game may have looked better but based on today I do not think he is a fullback, at least not yet. Early days I know but was underwhelmed. Down the track he might find his place in the halves. I hope he proves me wrong with a preseason under his belt.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
how can you blame Mary for Ben hunt playing like shit, the bloke got his money and shut up shop. The only player with some heart in the team is euan aitken

Euan has heart? He definitely has feet for hands, and a pea for a football brain. Having heart doesn't mean you're a first grader...I have plenty of heart and shouldn't be anywhere near first grade.