What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Roosters

age.s

First Grade
Nathan's had an awful year, but he's on a long term deal with a coach who's not going to move him also on a long term deal. No point fantasizing about him going to 9, lock or any other silliness. If he's really as crap as he looks atm we're going to find out the hard way.

The only thing we have is the hope that he'll improve when Maloney goes. There's some evidence it'll happen and I think the decreased pressure that should be on his dad in year 2 will help too. Who knows though. Maybe he's just straight up bad. Sucks for us.

Exsilium

First Grade
Nathan's had an awful year, but he's on a long term deal with a coach who's not going to move him also on a long term deal. No point fantasizing about him going to 9, lock or any other silliness. If he's really as crap as he looks atm we're going to find out the hard way.

The only thing we have is the hope that he'll improve when Maloney goes. There's some evidence it'll happen and I think the decreased pressure that should be on his dad in year 2 will help too. Who knows though. Maybe he's just straight up bad. Sucks for us.

He would be less crap playing in the six and moving him there is a lot easier and more likely than persisting with him as an average seven.

Cleary and Luai gives me no confidence but it’s worth a shot.

I’ve seen more creativity from Siliva Havili than I have from Cleary.

franklin2323

Immortal

The fact more people are awake to how bad we are well take expectations off. He is very limited but just need Trent to come up with a way to have him doing what he does well and leave the creating to others

Panfa

Juniors
How the hell were our canterbury cup side down 32-6 at halftime again after last week defence just isnt there no wonder missio is gone next yr we had a top 4 spot on the line and had 42 put on us by blacktown really.

I'm not. My entire point is that they are better without each other. Jimmy has had more chances to prove the point but it applies.

The only thing that’s clear is Jimmy is better without Nathan. We’ve yet to see enough evidence that the reverse is true. One game simply isn’t enough.

we’ll know soon enough, but I can easily see new excuses being rolled out for Nathan. (Not necessarily by you, just in general)

He could easily be shifted a little wider to 5/8 without much drama.

There’ll be more pressure than ever on Nathan next year, the team will be looking to him to create points. Can’t expect a rookie or Luai to do it. (Although they may)

OldPanther

Coach
The only thing that’s clear is Jimmy is better without Nathan. We’ve yet to see enough evidence that the reverse is true. One game simply isn’t enough.

we’ll know soon enough, but I can easily see new excuses being rolled out for Nathan. (Not necessarily by you, just in general)

I think 1 game is enough to at least speculate when we have people arguing for him to be a hooker. I've also said it could all be wrong when we see it in action. I'll happily concede the point then.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If there was one moment in the game which summed up our attack it was with about 16 to go.

We were on the attack 4th tackle goes to Cleary at first receiver with our line set to the left and he throws an inside ball to Dean Whare who gets smashed by three defenders.

The Roosters have great defence but our attack is really painful to watch.

I noticed this during the game too. I don't know if it is a confidence, ability or vision thing with Cleary.

All the numbers were left and the Roosters were back-pedaling big time but he didn't throw the pass. Is he not confident enough to throw a long pass? Does he not have a long pass in his game? Or did he not see the space?

This has been happening with Cleary a lot. He doesn't take advantage of the momentum created through the middle and goes for the easy short pass left or right of him when the space is on the outside.

Bob

Juniors
I noticed this during the game too. I don't know if it is a confidence, ability or vision thing with Cleary.

All the numbers were left and the Roosters were back-pedaling big time but he didn't throw the pass. Is he not confident enough to throw a long pass? Does he not have a long pass in his game? Or did he not see the space?

This has been happening with Cleary a lot. He doesn't take advantage of the momentum created through the middle and goes for the easy short pass left or right of him when the space is on the outside.
That is why Burton must be his halves partner next year, he’s got a nice long pass in his arsenal

Das Hassler

Bench
and I think the decreased pressure that should be on his dad in year 2 will help too. Who knows though

I think there will /could actually be more. ..much more. The first year of the new coach /million $ dad.. million $ son / offield dramas / mortgage on the 7 stuff etc can be forgiven with hope for the future but it will be merciless during season 2 if it all doesnt hit the ground running....it can only be success or this year will be looked back on.like a day at the beach ( controversy wise)

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach

It is a concern that he has now been in the top grade for 3 1/2 seasons and this arguably has been his worst season on a personal level.

I can’t put my finger on it either, I sure he has suffered this season on the back of a team which didn’t really perform well at any stage, but it will be a major issue going into 2020.

OldPanther

Coach
It is a concern that he has now been in the top grade for 3 1/2 seasons and this arguably has been his worst season on a personal level.

I can’t put my finger on it either, I sure he has suffered this season on the back of a team which didn’t really perform well at any stage, but it will be a major issue going into 2020.

It will be better in 2020 when he can be the dominant half.

Latest posts