What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2019 Predictions

Chipmunk

Coach
To be honest as a genuine Bottom 6 team and coming off a wooden spoon last season, the team, from coaching staff to every single player, should be congratulated for what they've achieved by finishing either 5th or 6th. It's a massive over achievement for this group for mine.

Sure the poor performances of half the comp has contributed to our position on the ladder, but you can only beat what is in front you and more often than not these blokes have delivered this season.

Well done and bring on the finals.

emjaycee

Coach
Where will we finish? We will make the 8, but somewhere between 5th and 8th only

Best player?
Blake Ferguson

Biggest disappointment?
After 2018, would be hard to be more disappointed in anyone who was here then, so I am going to say Junior Paulo who effectively has the weight of our forward pack on his shoulders.

First rookie to make NRL debut?
I know heaps are saying Sivo, but I reckon we will see a forward debut before a back and I reckon Stefano Utoikamanu will get the nod as soon as he is eligible (Round 17).

Surprise packet?
Not sure how Lane can be a surprise, the guy played every game last season, scored 9 tries which was 6 more than any of our forwards and averaged 96 metres per game. My surprise packet will be Kaysa - I will be surprised if he gets past round 4 without an injury.

Breakout year?
Kaufusi or Niukore

Best retention?
If this is at the end of 2019 then probably Gutho although we will have him wrapped up before Round 4. Biggest surprise retention (to forumites) will be BA.

Biggest name we let go? Mannah because he has been a loyal servant.

Biggest signing? I think going into 2020 we will be looking for a top class centre and not sure who is currently available that would fit that bill. So I will say Cameron Munster just for shits and giggles. Realistically, though I reckon we will land one of the Burgess twins for 2020 as they won't like Uncle Wayne.

Will Brad Arthur be retained, if not who will replace him?
Yes

##Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change any and all of the above at anytime before Round 1, 2019.
Looks like I got 5 out of 10 right and some of the others can be subjective, so I am going to award myself an 85% pass mark.

Gronk

Staff member
They've finished top six twice in three years.
Both those times merkins have said that we have over achieved.

Haters gona hate.

tenor.gif

Eelementary

Post Whore
I said we would finish 6th.

Well, the merkins had to go f**k it up for me, and make me look like even more of a clueless idiot, didn't they?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Some people are born with great vision
Just shows what happens when amidst better players. If Gennings had not have been injured to start the season Sivo may never have gotten his chance. Wasnt Gennings BAs choise for "Back of the Year" last season? Go Sivo!

strider

Post Whore
Just shows what happens when amidst better players. If Gennings had not have been injured to start the season Sivo may never have gotten his chance. Wasnt Gennings BAs choise for "Back of the Year" last season? Go Sivo!
People say that but who knows. Maybe they had sivo in mind all along?

Gazzamatta

Coach
People say that but who knows. Maybe they had sivo in mind all along?
A big maybe I reckon but who knows. BA gets his favourites and GJ was definitely one of those. Whatever the reason Sivos form demanded he kept being selected. 330k per year is an absolute bargain. French Rugby will come calling no doubt.

Latest posts