What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question from the floor without notice ... It is the end of Round 24 annnd .....

Quigs

Immortal
I am of the belief that this the 2019 NRL season has produced some of the shittiest teams Ive ever seen creep into the top 8 with one round to go. Ours included. Honestly any team from No5 down, do they really deserve to be in there having a chance.

Let's just look at our mob. It is Rd24, have we even strung together three good games in a row this year. Don't think so.

I reckon the only team that has put on a late season surge was the Dogs and they can't make it.

I can and do get upset about todays game but then when I sit down and have a good hard look at what Ive had to put up with this year then I think 9th or 10th is a fitting and deserved postion for us Sharkies. And then I look at the teams that are worse than us.

"Thank you Lord and Harold for 2016"

May the best (and deserving) team win. I reckon it is only between three teams now.

Do 'youse' reckon anyone else will threaten the top three.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I still don’t think Brisbane deserve to be there. They definitely won’t challenge for the GF, nether will us nor the Tigers depending on who makes it. Parra I don’t think have enough quality across the park to win it and without Tom Trbojevic I think you can count out Manly too.

Really I reckon there’s only four teams in it but it’ll be another boring Roosters/Storm GF in the end.

snout

First Grade
Cant argue with any of that quigs.

As l always say the season starts with 16 teams and every team...except one..all experience that hollow feeling of we aint winning the GF this year.

One by one that realisation smacks them in da face.

Some around about round 2.
Others during the semi finals.
And one gets the message on grand final day as their opponent puts them to the sword.

Is it easier to realise it aint your season in round 2 or suffer the gut wrenching feelibg of defeat in the last game of the year. The grand final. After a week of hope and wishing and praying?

Probably easier to go out meekly nek week at leichhardt with a completion rate of 30% and blokes dropping like flies with hammy pulls rather than doing the same in week 2 of the finals when our hopes have been raised higher than a crane.

Because the higher your hopes..the more crushing the blow.

Weaponhead

Coach
The top 2 are miles ahead of the rest. Canberra have been far better drilled than in previous seasons but they are not a great side. Souths aren't much either. Manly have overachieved and are now done without Tom. Parra are farked. Sharks put the cleaners through them in one our better performances for the season.

The Sharks have the talent to be top 4 but lack the application. Todays result was predictable based on the amount of games this team has literally pissed against the wall this season.

taipan

Referee
The top 2 are miles ahead of the rest. Canberra have been far better drilled than in previous seasons but they are not a great side. Souths aren't much either. Manly have overachieved and are now done without Tom. Parra are farked. Sharks put the cleaners through them in one our better performances for the season.

The Sharks have the talent to be top 4 but lack the application. Todays result was predictable based on the amount of games this team has literally pissed against the wall this season.

I agree with much of Quig's comments.Saying this,I do feel if we had a kicker in the house ,we'd be on at least 30 points, confidence a lot higher than it is now, and who knows where that would lead.

Any team that is 3 tries up at half time, should have a minimum 1 successful conversion.When Brayley scored that was a dead set sitter for an experienced kicker, and I mean you Chadsworth.

Our confidence is shot down.To see Croker run almost the length of the field from his in goal to set up a try ,he could see open pasture ahead.After they score then . they were on a roll with their confidence up ,ours down.When you lose so many close games, your confidence is rooted.

roboshark

Coach
To be honest with you I am really just looking forward to the season being over it's been so frustrating and disappointing

Quigs

Immortal
Know what you are saying Robo.

It is like when you are with a group of fellow workers and you just spot that certain bloke / person in the workplace and you think to yourself, sheeze that bloke needs a good long holiday away from this joint.

I bet you when Gal woke up today he'd be wishing he had done a Ennis in 2016.

roboshark

Coach
Know what you are saying Robo.

It is like when you are with a group of fellow workers and you just spot that certain bloke / person in the workplace and you think to yourself, sheeze that bloke needs a good long holiday away from this joint.

I bet you when Gal woke up today he'd be wishing he had done a Ennis in 2016.
Yep it would have the ideal way for him to go out

ghoti

Bench
The fact that we've been so shit since the Dogs game but could be Top 4 if we had a decent goalkicker is a bit worrying wrt the quality of the competition. I can't remember seeing us play this poorly, since the hard years (2014 I barely count cos we had a terrible and stressed out destabilised squad), in no way does our team deserve to be in the 8.