What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you do after a loss?

Your right mate and besides theres only 2 and a bit years to go lol......and as you say theres more important things in life isnt there ......especialy when you consider where you and I and others have been
yeah mate that’s right I’ve had to really work hard to change a few of my ways and learn to prioritise over the last 12 months that’s for sure hope you’re well by the way

The calm one

Juniors
It used to affect me to the point where I'd mull for days.

This year, however I've become desensitised to the point I no longer suffer any effects at all.

Losses have become an expectation.
Why don't you all do yourself's a favour and come with me to the rain forest next weekend. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Dragon David

First Grade
Losses have always been hard for me to take. Getting beaten in any sport I follow, whether it be cricket (especially against the Poms), tennis, golf, anything involving NSW and Australia and of course my beloved Dragons losing is definitely not pleasant but life goes on as these are not the be all and end all to our day to day existence. Wins are fantastic as if you are part of the victory and the euphoria resulting from it.

I used to take Dragons losses badly but now, I realise that it's only a game. I'm almost 73 and I've seen our wins of the mighty Dragons over the great years of the 1950's and 1960's and the wins in 1977, 79 and 2010. They were great and I will always cherish those special moments.

This year has been a complete shambles, disappointment and frustrating. Started off very badly - JDB, Widdop's injury, more injuries and useless team selections with so many changes to fullbacks and wingers, our forwards not big and powerful enough and so many games played lacking strong game plans by our inept coaching staff.

I'm having to get used to losses now and unfortunately, unless we have an improved playing roster, changes to the coaching staff and more positive attitudes all round, I'm dreading the losses will continue unabatedly throughout the 2020 and 2021 seasons for us.

Until next year then fellas!

BLM01

First Grade
Me I just look forward for his press conferences for comical relief and thrive and hope for some nwritten or spoken negative press.
I truly feel embarassed and solemn ..but for the us as supporters, our traditions and the players.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
[QUOTE="True_Believer, post: 13796350, member: 45146"] I don't come in here often anymore. But I do after a loss. ...................................[/QUOTE]

So......................you have obviously set up camp here and had all your mail diverted to the forum!
Can we now call you the nightwatchman?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Nothing at the moment I just watch the game at the moment to see any possible improvements to the young guns or fringe players so I can coach them in my own imagination.

SBD82

Coach
Today's loss has hit me harder than usual. I have this gut wrenching feeling that is staying with me and i need to get rid of it. What do you do to get rid of it'?
Since it’s been almost 24 hours and no one else has the guts to say it, I’m going to say it.

Crywank.

Latest posts