What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Williams signs for next season

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
George Williams is a wonderfully gifted Stand off/Scrum half. He will excel at the Canberra Raiders under the Mastercoach Richard “Sticky” Stuart. Mark my words they will win the premiership next year if they can beat the mighty Eastern Suburbs Roosters in the play offs.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not so confident in Williams. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good buy and should be an upgrade on Sezer/Williams.

Not sure how he'll go with the faster moving defensive lines in the NRL, especially with a ball runner at 6 who isn't quite there yet as a creator.

I hope Sticky persists with him though to give both George and the club every chance possible of making it work.

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
I'm not so confident in Williams. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good buy and should be an upgrade on Sezer/Williams.

Not sure how he'll go with the faster moving defensive lines in the NRL, especially with a ball runner at 6 who isn't quite there yet as a creator.

I hope Sticky persists with him though to give both George and the club every chance possible of making it work.
Richard “Sticky” Stuart has the Turkish gun Aiden Sezer, Ricky is obviously a smart coach. He’s sourced some of the best players in the world. Sezer is of Turkish descent & an absolute gun player. The Turkish international will complement George Williams

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
You must be the youngest staff member of LU hey? You seem very immature, doesn’t surprise me though.
Sezer is Turkish, the Turkish Sezer is Turkish Turkish, you know Turkish Sezer is Turkish. He's Turkish Turkish you know. Sezer is Turkish. Aiden Sezer that is. He is Turkish.

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
Sezer is Turkish, the Turkish Sezer is Turkish Turkish, you know Turkish Sezer is Turkish. He's Turkish Turkish you know. Sezer is Turkish. Aiden Sezer that is. He is Turkish.
Time for bed child or has your mum let you stay up tonight?

The Rosco

Bench
On the subject of Sezer ( which phonetically makes him sound like a Roman Emperor, or a salad variant ) . . Did you guys know that he has Turkish ancestry ?
I just found this rivetting fact out, and could not keep it from LU for moment longer.
Aiden Sezer is of Turkish extraction !!

parra_jesus

Juniors
On current form , surely sezer gets first crack again next year. And williams earns his way into the team through reggies. Just waiting for the pre season headlines to come where williams /sezer are training the house down to earn selection...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
On current form , surely sezer gets first crack again next year. And williams earns his way into the team through reggies. Just waiting for the pre season headlines to come where williams /sezer are training the house down to earn selection...
Sezer has been good this year but still a bit patchy. TBH I don't think he was playing that well before he started nailing field goals on the weekend. Part of Manly's gameplan the weekend before was to rush up and swamp him and didn't handle that well either (and I'm surprised the Sharks didn't do the same).

Seems like we went to a bit of trouble to lure Williams so I doubt he'll start the season in Mounties.

mongoose

Coach
Hodgson clearly stifles Sezer, but that's too bad to Aiden cause Hodgo is our best player. I don't feel they've ever had a good combo though and Stuart should probably shoulder some of the blame for that.

Anyway, they seem to be making it work alright this season but I still think Sezer needs to take more ownership of the team.

I don't know how Ricky Stuart will have the heart to replace Aiden Sezer with the English international George WIlliams. Aiden Sezer is a Turkish international. You cannot top that.

Aiden Sezer forms a partnership of blood with Emre Guler, one of the greatest back rowers that Turkey has ever produced. Sticky cannot risk rupturing that ethnic partnership.that has proven invaluable to the Canberra Raiders.

All of this suggests that George Williams will be a bench player at best, at least at the beginning.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
I don't know how Ricky Stuart will have the heart to replace Aiden Sezer with the English international George WIlliams. Aiden Sezer is a Turkish international. You cannot top that.

Aiden Sezer forms a partnership of blood with Emre Guler, one of the greatest back rowers that Turkey has ever produced. Sticky cannot risk rupturing that ethnic partnership.that has proven invaluable to the Canberra Raiders.

All of this suggests that George Williams will be a bench player at best, at least at the beginning.
Is this the same Aiden Sezer who is of Turkish decent? By that I mean, the Aiden Sezer who has Turkish heritage?

Latest posts