What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will We Beat The Tigers?

Quigs

Immortal
Old Benji clutched at his right knee at one stage yesterday. He didn't look all that happy and comfortable with it either.

Feej

First Grade
Winner just making up the numbers. That said, we'll win and be out first week.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Winner just making up the numbers. That said, we'll win and be out first week.

I'd still rather than than not make them at all.

Will give some of the younger guys some valuable finals experience.

Though the way this is a do or die game it''ll have a finals game pressure about it

Ads

First Grade
Can’t see us winning without Johnson or Moylan. Clearly we need to score a lot more tries than them to win.

The second last paragraph I've put in bold. I'm thinking that Gal may have been speaking to one player in particular..

Paul Gallen's stirring rev-up to Sharks players ahead of round 25 clash with Wests Tigers

WRITTEN BYTOM NAGHTEN
LEAGUE
WESTS TIGERS V CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND SHARKS
LEAGUE
WESTS TIGERS
CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND SHARKS

Cronulla missed the chance to secure a top-eight spot with a heart-breaking golden-point loss to Canberra on Sunday and departing legend Paul Gallen isn't keen to end his career this weekend.

The Sharks face Wests Tigers in a must-win clash at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday.

Cronulla currently sit in eighth, equal on points with the Tigers, though with a slightly better points difference.

MORE: The Lurker: Nathan Brown fallout continues at Newcastle with Danny Buderus departure

That will mean nothing should they drop the two points, with the winner guaranteed a finals spot.

38-year-old Gallen, who played his final ever game at Shark Park in the loss to the Raiders, isn't interested in ending his career with the home-and-away season and let his teammates know as much after the game on Sunday.

Speaking on the ABC's Winning Starts on Monday podcast, former teammate Luke Lewis revealed the message the skipper delivered to the players.

"I went into the change rooms after the game, it's Gal's night, and he was going to say goodbye to his family and everyone that turned up and his teammates, and he lay down the law," Lewis said.

"He lay down the law to every player in that shed, that there's no excuses this weekend.

"I can't go into detail about the way he spoke because obviously there was some pretty powerful words, but everything he said was what was needed to be said.

"He said, 'I know it's my night and I know we're going over to have a few beers and we've got friends and family over there. I'm going over, we're having one beer and I want everyone to nick off home and start preparing now. Get your injuries right, get your bodies right, there's no excuses for next week, you tick every box. Because it is going to be...' I wish I could say what he said.

"It's a huge game next week, but if you don't buy into it, he goes, 'mate, I'm telling you now, if I find out, you're not playing, that's it. You buy into this, this is what our team's about, this is what our club's about, and if you miss out on this semi final series because you didn't go home and tick a box, you don't deserve to be a first grader'."

Strong words from Gal. Sharks fans will have to wait until Sunday afternoon to see whether they cut through.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...vzlYT5RZNZjp4DSg4KSk2j0L2Ul5L0DEgtPQUInHOy1Iw

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-2_17-3-4.gif
    upload_2019-9-2_17-3-4.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1

Weaponhead

Coach
The second last paragraph I've put in bold. I'm thinking that Gal may have been speaking to one player in particular..

Paul Gallen's stirring rev-up to Sharks players ahead of round 25 clash with Wests Tigers

WRITTEN BYTOM NAGHTEN
LEAGUE
WESTS TIGERS V CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND SHARKS
LEAGUE
WESTS TIGERS
CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND SHARKS

Cronulla missed the chance to secure a top-eight spot with a heart-breaking golden-point loss to Canberra on Sunday and departing legend Paul Gallen isn't keen to end his career this weekend.

The Sharks face Wests Tigers in a must-win clash at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday.

Cronulla currently sit in eighth, equal on points with the Tigers, though with a slightly better points difference.

MORE: The Lurker: Nathan Brown fallout continues at Newcastle with Danny Buderus departure

That will mean nothing should they drop the two points, with the winner guaranteed a finals spot.

38-year-old Gallen, who played his final ever game at Shark Park in the loss to the Raiders, isn't interested in ending his career with the home-and-away season and let his teammates know as much after the game on Sunday.

Speaking on the ABC's Winning Starts on Monday podcast, former teammate Luke Lewis revealed the message the skipper delivered to the players.

"I went into the change rooms after the game, it's Gal's night, and he was going to say goodbye to his family and everyone that turned up and his teammates, and he lay down the law," Lewis said.

"He lay down the law to every player in that shed, that there's no excuses this weekend.

"I can't go into detail about the way he spoke because obviously there was some pretty powerful words, but everything he said was what was needed to be said.

"He said, 'I know it's my night and I know we're going over to have a few beers and we've got friends and family over there. I'm going over, we're having one beer and I want everyone to nick off home and start preparing now. Get your injuries right, get your bodies right, there's no excuses for next week, you tick every box. Because it is going to be...' I wish I could say what he said.

"It's a huge game next week, but if you don't buy into it, he goes, 'mate, I'm telling you now, if I find out, you're not playing, that's it. You buy into this, this is what our team's about, this is what our club's about, and if you miss out on this semi final series because you didn't go home and tick a box, you don't deserve to be a first grader'."

Strong words from Gal. Sharks fans will have to wait until Sunday afternoon to see whether they cut through.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...vzlYT5RZNZjp4DSg4KSk2j0L2Ul5L0DEgtPQUInHOy1Iw

This is the stuff that needs to be said. It doesn't need to said at Easts or Melbourne because it's done. It used to be like that at Cronulla

This is the stuff that needs to be said. It doesn't need to said at Easts or Melbourne because it's done. It used to be like that at Cronulla
I reckon it didnt need to be said to the whole team. Just one or two of them.
Maybe the ones who said they were injured

Quigs

Immortal
I reckon it should of been said about 6 weeks ago meself and to everyone in the entire squad. Even the bloody lower grades. It is the culture of our club right now.

When I start seeing shark players frantically diving on dropped balls, putting their bods on the line, having real consistant digs, rushing in to put the scrum together as time is important, then I know that the message has got through.

When I stop seeing Shark players whinging and waving their arms around like pommy sookarh players because they got tackled or lost the pill in a lose carry then I will know that the message has sunk in.

When I stop seeing Shark players all running up and patting some imbecile on the head or the arse after he has just dropped the ball cold and cost the team then I will know that the message has sunk in. They should be ripping into the dumb merkin.

When I start seeing shark players at the end of the game display real emotion for the loss they just had - shake hands and leave the paddock shitty, instead of laughing, jovial mood, "howse your mother" attitude with the opposition then I will know that the message has sunk in.