What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam O’brien Confirmed

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'd support whoever they appoint. Let's hope he can convert his apprenticeship into a successful career and isnt a Stephen Kearney MK11.

I want an aggressive footy team that wont be bullied and plays an entertaining style of footy. Send em up the highway red and blue and not looking forward to the next time they meet us.

Yosh

Coach
Didn't know Ciraldo was so highly regarded as a coach. Good to have one of the players come back in a coaching role.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Didn't know Ciraldo was so highly regarded as a coach. Good to have one of the players come back in a coaching role.
Highly regarded by media. Brennan was highly regarded at one stage.

Lets hope this Obrien fella some some strong support and good assistants around him. He's gonna need it. Regardless of his apprenticeship under Bellamy or Robinson he is in for a steep learning curve and has achieved zero in the game thus far. We have literally no idea how good or bad this guy will be.

Are there any articles on the Adam O'Brien back story other than the usual assistant coach at Storm and Roosters stuff? Where did he start and was he even a lower grader sort of stuff.

Not that it affects his ability to coach I'm just interested in knowing more about him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Brennan had coached Penrith's u/20's & NSW Cup teams to multiple premierships
and even that preparation wasnt enough to follow through to a successful first grade career within a weak system and culture.

In Obriens favor he'll have the opportunity starting now and at the end of next year to turn over 2/3 of the squad. He has the ability to mold the team he wants and wont be hamstrung by a tight cap restriction.

Knight Vision

First Grade
This is a crazy decision. He has actually never coached his own team before. Like literally never. Not an under 16s team or an under 7s.
BIG gamble no doubt. He's never been in charge of any club at any level which is what I think is unprecedented.

No doubt our coach is going to be on a HUGE learning curve.

This is a crazy decision. He has actually never coached his own team before. Like literally never. Not an under 16s team or an under 7s.

I saw someone on Social Media say he was their 19s coach. No idea where. That's why i posted above about being interested in his history. Was he a junior rep player who never kicked on/got injured? Was he a junior rep coach? You normally don't get invited into the Storm system off the street. Surely he didn't rock up to Olympic Park 11 years ago with no experience and offer to put the witches hats out and fill the water bottles

Knight Vision

First Grade
I doubt coaching under 7s will be of any real help anyways. It's gamble but we should be taking calculated risks. We suck as a club.
about this time next year we'll know if this "calculated risk" was the right one.
I saw someone on Social Media say he was their 19s coach. No idea where. That's why i posted above about being interested in his history. Was he a junior rep player who never kicked on/got injured? Was he a junior rep coach? You normally don't get invited into the Storm system off the street. Surely he didn't rock up to Olympic Park 11 years ago with no experience and offer to put the witches hats out and fill the water bottles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_O'Brien_(rugby_league_coach)

doesnt give a lot of details

Latest posts