What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Next?

Who do you want to see replace Brown?

• Geoff Toovey

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Adam O'Brien

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Barrett

• Shaun Wane

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Kristian Woolf

• Garth Brennan

• Jason Ryles

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Yosh

Coach
Looks like what we ultimately disagree on, is the opinion that the club/Gardner is taking the club in the right or wrong direction. I guess most people here think we're gonna be in for another couple of lean years if the club is run the way it is now.

I personally like the direction the club is moving in. It's not pretty but the moves being made, again in my opinion, are the right moves.

O'Brian coming in. Joey coming in. Some great prospects coming through. Great talent in the squad. What's there not to like?

Burwood

Bench
Looks like what we ultimately disagree on, is the opinion that the club/Gardner is taking the club in the right or wrong direction. I guess most people here think we're gonna be in for another couple of lean years if the club is run the way it is now.

I personally like the direction the club is moving in. It's not pretty but the moves being made, again in my opinion, are the right moves.

O'Brian coming in. Joey coming in. Some great prospects coming through. Great talent in the squad. What's there not to like?

You still haven’t said what it is exactly that Gardner did that’s so ruthless.

I doubt a single sane person outside of the knights Facebook page would say the club isn’t heading in the right direction. I think Gardner has been fantastic up to a few weeks ago. But it has been amateur hour since.

newyboy

Juniors
Yes Brown had to go.

The issue i have is the players and if they formed a coup to press the issue and the farce that was the West Tigers game.

That game showed a complete lack of respect for the fans and for themselves, which obviously answers the question as to why they capitulate when behind. They have no backbone, no intestinal fortitude.

They are weak in mind and in body.

mozza91

Coach
Yes Brown had to go.

The issue i have is the players and if they formed a coup to press the issue and the farce that was the West Tigers game.

That game showed a complete lack of respect for the fans and for themselves, which obviously answers the question as to why they capitulate when behind. They have no backbone, no intestinal fortitude.

They are weak in mind and in body.
I don’t think it was that sinister.

They probably showed up to play, a few things didn’t their way with Ponga getting taken out and the bounce of the ball for one of the early tries. After that the Tigers kept piling on the points and our blokes lost interest because the game was out of reach.

Don’t get me wrong it was a terrible performance and the fans have a right to be filthy for how little fight they showed but I don’t think it was a concerted effort from 17 blokes to get rid of Brown 2 weeks early.

Burwood

Bench
So just reading an article on fox sports and they said that Quayle has walked from the advisory board along with Buderus. Both men have said that the position needs to be formalised and not just honorary, so wonder if they’ll come back if it is?

Gardner is looking at Tim Sheens as well as Furner
"
O’Brien will also decide whether to lean on the experience of Sheens, the four- time premiership-winning coach, in a technical director type of role.

Working on the advice of Knights legend Matthew Johns, and even Brown himself, the club has been in talks with Sheens about helping in the Hunter."

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...f/news-story/78347de05dbf4740bec5fe490507b2c8

So just reading an article on fox sports and they said that Quayle has walked from the advisory board along with Buderus. Both men have said that the position needs to be formalised and not just honorary, so wonder if they’ll come back if it is?
I agree it should be formalised. Looks like they are looking at Sheens to replace Quayle and maybe Matty Johns to replace Buderus. Both should be positions regardless.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The loss of Quayle is huge. Definitely a man to have in our corner.

Knight76

Juniors
Something not right there.

Buderus and Quayle walk saying the spots need formalizing.

Yet, if that be the case they could have been formalized with them there.

If they walked due to not have any input in to decisions why formalize positions that are redundant?

Zoidberg

First Grade
Hopefully O’brien had input into the Furner decision and it wasn’t just suits picking who they wanted.

Latest posts