What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY

redVinme

Juniors
You could be right but whats that going to achieve...since the Imposter has been in charge weve been thereabouts or leading the comp only to fade come the pointy end of the season...then again we are talking about our mob arnt we

This is exactly correct. Even if he wins 6 from 6 what does that tell us. Nothing.
All it does is destroy next year. Coaching coming in late with no choice over team or pre season. Will be another bottom 8 finish if he's in charge at any point next year

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think this whole "review" statement is just buying time imo, something that may keep the masses from storming the Taj.
Reviews are a part of everyday business there isnt anything amazing about that. In this case a public statement that there will be a review this year to me is a ruse to buy time.

What could this mean?

4 possibile coaches names have been been thrown around:

1. Flanagan -
2. Wane -
3. Fitzgibbon -
4. Demetriou -

Options 3 and 4 are still involved with teams in the finals this year and with Fitzgibbon, the Roosters have already lost one assistant, I think another announcement so soon may have an impact on their finals campaign. Maybe afterwards, but I think he and Denetriou are long shots tbh.
Wane is an interesting candidate. Huge success coaching in the ESL and was a very hardnosed foreward in his playing days may take time to organise visa, accomodation, salary etc, hence the buying time.
Flanagan we have discussed already, he needs NRL clearance.

So, just looking at these candidates, all need time to finalise things, hence why I feel the Dragons management are trying to buy time.

TruSaint

Referee
Absolutely,

I don't expect any announcements other than the review process taking place following the proper season end. All we have heard from the recent media, is that Mary has not been assured of his role. No more, no less.

As you say Flano.. yet to be cleared to register again. Ryles in the semis mix along with Fitzgibbon and JD...

Then there's the issue of Mary and his payout.

Call me sceptical, but I wouldn't be surprised if BJ invited the calls from Buzz and co, to buy time, and appear proactive.

I maintain, that at the end of the day, the Club will stick with him for at least the first half of the season.

jeffdragon

Bench
My mail is that The Imposter has been given the first six weeks of next season and has to win four from six to keep his job. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but better to save the money on the champagne - for now. I too had started doing the happy dance. The mail could be wrong but it's normally pretty good......

Don't post like that.
We all have our hopes up.
Let us dream.
A summer of discontent if that is true.

Saint Angelo

Juniors
My mail is that The Imposter has been given the first six weeks of next season and has to win four from six to keep his job. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but better to save the money on the champagne - for now. I too had started doing the happy dance. The mail could be wrong but it's normally pretty good......

First & foremost, I will be saving my MEMBERSHIP MONEY until Mary is given his marching orders.

possm

Coach
Absolutely,

I don't expect any announcements other than the review process taking place following the proper season end. All we have heard from the recent media, is that Mary has not been assured of his role. No more, no less.

As you say Flano.. yet to be cleared to register again. Ryles in the semis mix along with Fitzgibbon and JD...

Then there's the issue of Mary and his payout.

Call me sceptical, but I wouldn't be surprised if BJ invited the calls from Buzz and co, to buy time, and appear proactive.

I maintain, that at the end of the day, the Club will stick with him for at least the first half of the season.
Well I see it a little differently:
  • The contract was extended early this season because the factions agreed to this.
  • Mary will leave before 1 Nov. because that is what the new coach would want.
  • The Board and BJ were there with fingers crossed hoping SGI would make the 8.
  • With the fans making it known that Mary must go, there is no turning back.

I didn’t realise enjoying yourself involved flooding the forum with umpteen new threads..

And yes, I’ll comment.. that’s the whole point of a public forum, no?

Oh there’s a rule about how many posts or threads your allowed to make in a public forum?
Otherwise yes I do enjoy the so called flooding of the forums

Latest posts