What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
SAsquith will remain in the top half of the finals after a very undermanned Guildford side lost 36-10 to Wenty today. Hills chances against Wests looked a little dicey when 4 players from the side that put Asquith to the sword were elevated to NSW Cup by Souths, but the Bulls continued where they left off last week by posting 5 tries in the first half to lead 26-4 at the break. They coasted in the second stanza to a 29-14 result. The other 2 games saw top 3 sides St Marys flogging bottom 3 teams, St Marys beating GB 66-16 and Mounties producing a 72-0 result against Brothers

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Mounties 30 Wenty 18
Wests 40 Brothers 22
Glebe Burwood 20 Cabramatta 18

Mounties were really switched on today, converting pressure into tries and bashing the comp leaders in defence, to inflict Wenty's 3rd loss of the season. Haimona Hroti and Piki Rogers were not playing for Wenty today and my feeling is that Wenty cannot win the comp with the pack that played today. They will also be sweating on Beau Henry's fitness after he limped off in the first half.

Heading into the business end of the season, Cabra have produced a surprising result to allow its 4th win. Wenty's loss opens the door to St Marys to claim the minor premiership if they can beat Blacktown by 34 points tomorrow.

SS

East Campbelltown 60 Brothers 12
Cabra 54 University 18
Hills 62 Belrose 10

RMC

Mounties 30 Wenty 18
Wests 40 Brothers 22
Glebe Burwood 20 Cabramatta 18

Mounties were really switched on today, converting pressure into tries and bashing the comp leaders in defence, to inflict Wenty's 3rd loss of the season. Haimona Hroti and Piki Rogers were not playing for Wenty today and my feeling is that Wenty cannot win the comp with the pack that played today. They will also be sweating on Beau Henry's fitness after he limped off in the first half.

Heading into the business end of the season, Cabra have produced a surprising result to allow its 4th win. Wenty's loss opens the door to St Marys to claim the minor premiership if they can beat Blacktown by 34 points tomorrow.

SS

East Campbelltown 60 Brothers 12
Cabra 54 University 18
Hills 62 Belrose 10

Lower back injury to Beau Henry. He looked to be walking a lot better after the match. Wenty lost all structure after he went off. Piki Rogers went off against Guildford last week. Not sure how long he is out for.

rightleftin

Juniors
St Marys missed the minor premiership with their points differential of 348 being one less than Wenty's 349. They didn't do enough in the early part of today's game leading only 18-14 with 25 minutes left but then 9 tries were scored in the final 24 minutes but the hot potato football leads to risks and Blacktown got 2 of those tries in the space of a few minutes.

A loss or a draw would have seen St Marys finish 4th but they ended Moorebank's run of 6 wins courtesy of an additional conversion.

Sam Duggan missed a field goal from right in front for Mounties yesterday If he got it, it would have given St Marys the minor premiership.

This is how I reckon the Massey and Shield finals week 1 will be done

St Marys Leagues Stadium - Saturday, 7 September

Sydney Shield - 11am (Cabramatta v Ryde)

Ron Massey Cup - 1pm (Wests v Cabramatta)

Sydney Shield - 3pm (St Marys v East C'Town)

Ron Massey Cup - 5pm (St Marys v Mounties)

HE Laybutt Sports Complex - Sunday, 8 September

Sydney Shield - 10am (Moorebank v Wenty)

Ron Massey Cup - 12pm (Wenty v Asquith)

Sydney Shield - 2pm (Guildford v Asquith)

Ron Massey Cup - 4pm (Guildford v Hills)

Thats just the logical way to do it to keep the same clubs together at the same ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Locked in

EDYD9_AUEAAu99T

EDYD_AcVUAAPiGT

rightleftin

Juniors
This is how I reckon the Massey and Shield finals week 1 will be done

St Marys Leagues Stadium - Saturday, 7 September

Sydney Shield - 11am (Cabramatta v Ryde)

Ron Massey Cup - 1pm (Wests v Cabramatta)

Sydney Shield - 3pm (St Marys v East C'Town)

Ron Massey Cup - 5pm (St Marys v Mounties)

HE Laybutt Sports Complex - Sunday, 8 September

Sydney Shield - 10am (Moorebank v Wenty)

Ron Massey Cup - 12pm (Wenty v Asquith)

Sydney Shield - 2pm (Guildford v Asquith)

Ron Massey Cup - 4pm (Guildford v Hills)

Thats just the logical way to do it to keep the same clubs together at the same ground.

Yeah that is the way the always do it and it has been confirmed on NSWRL twitter, except that the St Marys teams will play in the early games on Saturday followed by Cabra. You are spot on for Sunday.

What are peoples thoughts for the first week of the Massey Finals

My tips are

Mounties to beat St Marys. Jake Toby injured his leg last week, a big loss if he doesn't play. Mounties are the form side for me.

Hills to beat Guildford.

Wests to beat Cabramatta in a physical battle with plenty of feeling. Will get dirty once one team starts loosing

Asquith to upset Wenty even if Beau Henry plays. Expect Weisner to have them up for this game.

Waverunner29

Juniors

My tips are

Mounties to beat St Marys. Jake Toby injured his leg last week, a big loss if he doesn't play. Mounties are the form side for me.

Hills to beat Guildford.

Wests to beat Cabramatta in a physical battle with plenty of feeling. Will get dirty once one team starts loosing

Asquith to upset Wenty even if Beau Henry plays. Expect Weisner to have them up for this game.

Hills to beat Guildford . on the back of good form of late

West to beat Cabramatta. as I rate the forward pack better

Asquith to beat Wenty . in a close one as they seem to get up for the top teams especially in defence

St Marys to beat Mounties in another close one I think they come out firing after a slow start last week that cost them the minor premiership

Last edited:

rightleftin

Juniors
I favour St Marys to beat Mounties. Although I have not seen them much this season their record of 9 straight wins and the strength demonstrated by omission of Henry Seumanu and Leon Feiloakitau from the 17, entitles them to favouritism. Unlike the second meeting of these teams, where St Marys triumphed 38-4, this game will be a contest, with Mounties showing good form against a disappointing Wenty side last week. The listed team indicates that Mounties will continue to miss the thrust of Mitch Cahalane and Ryan King, with Lachlan Armstrong included in the bench last week after playing most of the season in A Grade, suggesting that their depth has been tested.

With 17 wins out of 20, Wenty should be strong favourites but they are sweating on Beau Henry's fitness as everything seems to revolve around his game management. Asquith have been hot and cold, featuring a 6 game streak where their defence was impregnable but more recently they have had a negative run. Like all the games in the finals, results will be decided by which teams respond to the pressure. These 2 sides will get a second chance but it is a completely different atmosphere from the regular season where teams are almost guaranteed a finals position from the start.

I think it is unlikely that any of the second set of 4 teams will survive to week 3.

Pantherman72

Juniors

My tips are

Hills to beat Guildford.

Guildford to beat Hills comfortably. Josh Lewis makes the Owls a 20 point better team.

Cabra to beat Wests comfortably. Wests have run out of petrol and Cabra have shown that when they feel like it they can beat anyone.

Saints to beat Mounties by a try. Mounties to lose players up to Cup with the Raiders NRL resting players, otherwise Mounties by 20.

Wenty to beat Asquith comfortably. Too many injuries for Asquith. They will likely have more Asquith players in the Bears line up then Wenty will in the Wenty Cup lineup if last week is anything to go by.

All bottom ranked teams to win in Sydney Shield with Ryde to flog Cabra by a cricket score.

rightleftin

Juniors
Jale Seninawana, who played SS for Asquith in the early part of this season, is in the Randwick squad to play against Argentina tomorrow.