What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst moments of the 2019 season...

Rooster8

Juniors
From game winning missed conversions, to crowd-player altercations, what was the worst moment(s) of the 2019 NRL season?

**NOTE: Perth Red comments don't count**

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Without a doubt, the media.

Just....Everything. They have been f**king insufferable this year. Everything from misinformation to outlandish beat ups to straight up cynical opinion piece garbage to never having a single clue what they want out of the referees. The scramble to snatch the food off the news cycle table before it's empty has never been more obvious. We have way too many talking heads (a lot of them hollow) squabbling over too little airtime. Way too much noise, very little substance. And don't even get me started on the game commentary. Fox have such enthralling voices on their list as Blocker Roach, Matt Nable, Gorden Tallis, Braith Anasta, Justin Hodges and Anthony Griffin. Yeahhhhh that's what I wanna hear during the footy, low droning mumbling and Matt Nable......

Runner up would be, as usual, the NRL. The match review committee, the referees, even the clubs themselves and Nine's demands from the comp before the next TV deal very recently, the whole competition from top to bottom feels like it's in a constant state of flux and chaos, and I'm sure said flux is an echo of the pulsing waves of pain that Todd Greenberg feels in his head every time he tries to, you know, think. And good luck finding an intact spine among the whole lot of them. Nine will get everything they want, Fox will get everything they want then continue to give us gems like Anthony Griffin in a commentary role in return, and Greenberg's tenure at the top will continue to kick the can down the road, because that's what Rugby League needed, more treading water.

Latest posts