What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Assume what? I’m just saying hopefully we don’t miss out on a 10 year player by giving him 2 years.

How would you ever know?

But let's say we bid for a top quality player, and don't get him. You're not going to turn around and say 'that's coz we signed Jenkovic'?

From the little info available, he was able to test the market for quite a long time, then we re-signed him. Those circumstances don't exactly scream 'paying overs'. But I could be wrong.

IFR33K

Coach
How would you ever know?

But let's say we bid for a top quality player, and don't get him. You're not going to turn around and say 'that's coz we signed Jenkovic'?

From the little info available, he was able to test the market for quite a long time, then we re-signed him. Those circumstances don't exactly scream 'paying overs'. But I could be wrong.

Who mentioned overs? Mjc threw some figures, wherever he jagged them from god knows. Nor do I care if they’re accurate. What I did say was “hopefully”, but I’m sure you read it and haven’t taken anything out of context.

emjaycee

Coach
Gee huge overs.

I was thinking 350k and 250k
I pulled the figures I quoted out of thin air, just to make a point, that we actually have no idea what he has agreed to and whether or not the second year is at a greatly reduced amount than the first.

Soto

Bench
Tbh, I am happy with this.

He offers defence, experience, and leadership - wouldn't surprise me to see Jennings become part of our captaincy circle.

I know his attack is pedestrian these days, but his defence is impeccable, and he is obviously helping Sivo out with his decisions.
Maybe reputation and stats tell a different story. I do recall jenko missed a whopping 8 tackles in one game so I've gone to his stats.
I think some people may need to sit down now. If you think his attack is poor and his defence a weapon then maybe a re-think is required.
Tackle efficiency is 80.4%
Courtesy of nrl.com

Happy MEel

First Grade
Maybe reputation and stats tell a different story. I do recall jenko missed a whopping 8 tackles in one game so I've gone to his stats.
I think some people may need to sit down now. If you think his attack is poor and his defence a weapon then maybe a re-think is required.
Courtesy of nrl.com
You’d have to look at the tackle efficiency of other centres to provide a meaningful comparison. He’s not a middle defender which typically have a tackle efficiency around the 90% mark. Most fullbacks are lower still around the 70% mark.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Courtesy of nrl.com
The minor premiers have an Origin and international veteran centre in their side with a tackle efficiency lower than that. Stats don't tell the whole story. Out wide a lot of breaks are made without a single tackle being missed. And plenty of missed tackles are from desperate attempts that most players wouldn't have even been in a position to attempt.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Courtesy of nrl.com

Fair enough.

I do think that he's playing injured, though.

Soto

Bench
You’d have to look at the tackle efficiency of other centres to provide a meaningful comparison. He’s not a middle defender which typically have a tackle efficiency around the 90% mark. Most fullbacks are lower still around the 70% mark.
The thing is i did look at all the centres playing this week before posting.
Let's just say he is not anywhere near the top or where most of think he once was. Regression has set in.
I do think he has had a very good season but is currently not fully fit and his agility and elusiveness is suffering as a result. Love seeing him in full flight. Just hope that hasn't gone now because if it has, 2 years will be a loooong time with him in the team

Soto

Bench
I think it's only natural that, by his age, and given how many games he has played, that he would have lost some pace - but he doesn't seem to be moving fluidly.

But I think he is a good partner for Sivo out wide.
Agree and at the end of the day i don't care who it is that runs out in the parra jersey. I will always cheer my heart out for Parra. I may not agree with player selections and player rotations but a passionate parra supporter longing for that premiership drought to be broken...
Pumped for Fri but even more pumped for the following week.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not to counter Hiney, but BA is now a much smaller voice on Recuitment and retention.

Final decision is made by ONeil in reality , input from BA and others is available but finally signed off by the retention committee. Been told that their decisions are tough, realistic , within budget and not overs as they see the club now as a desirable place to play. That's why Jenko took a while to get sorted, they have a figure and generally dont budge .
Thanks Delboy. Good to see someone counter Hiney.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Courtesy of nrl.com
I thought it would be at least 80.6%. What a plodder.

Latest posts