What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Agree and at the end of the day i don't care who it is that runs out in the parra jersey. I will always cheer my heart out for Parra. I may not agree with player selections and player rotations but a passionate parra supporter longing for that premiership drought to be broken...
Pumped for Fri but even more pumped for the following week.
Dont pump too early.

Who mentioned overs? Mjc threw some figures, wherever he jagged them from god knows. Nor do I care if they’re accurate. What I did say was “hopefully”, but I’m sure you read it and haven’t taken anything out of context.

Are you really trying to tell me that you hadn't already made a judgement on the probable re-signing of MJ?

emjaycee

Coach
Showing how useful the tackle effectiveness stat is for outside backs, last year Jennings had the highest tackle effectiveness (85%) since he left the Roosters. To me that says he wasn't having a go.
Wasn't attempting enough tackles that weren't easier to make (i.e. would have required more effort to make)?

Glenneel

Bench
2021 I’d take Semi and play him in the centers after Jennings has gone. Difference Jennings to him in salary is a few hundred k. We can afford it.
Fergo, Semi, Sivo bringing the back back each set would be a nightmare.
Also Fergo’s last year contract wise and that might finish him up.
Bring me the Semi!
Unfortunately looks like MJ getting 2 more seasons. Wtf? One year at $250-300k would be ok but hope this doesn't stop us signing a decent centre in the meantime.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Salary cap and with Paulo / Evans and Nrown already here, there isn’t enough minutes in the middle for 2 big money middle forward signings - it wouId be a waste of cap space.

And I am not saying those 2 are / or are not better then what we have.
IMO we do need either 2 x quality middles (with Niukore on the edge) or 1 x middle and 1 x edge forward (with Niukore in the middle) to be a top 4 side. If we can fit both into our squad with our remaining cap space I say go for it.

One issue though is that RCG’s release may be contingent on them signing JWH.

I’m an advocate for stacking the top 17, reducing our depth and hoping for minimal injuries. We’ve now got some juniors we can promote to fill the other roster spots on the cheap.

This Top 30 roster would do me just fine and I reckon it would potentially be achievable from a salary cap point of view.

1. Gutho
2. Sivo
3. Jennings
4. Blake
5. Fergo
6. Drown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Mahoney
10. JWH
11. Lane
12 Niukore
13. Nrown

14. Salmon/Taka
15. Evans
16. RCG
17. Alvaro

18. Salmon/Taka
19. Terepo
20. Utoikamanu
21. Kaufusi
22. Stone
23. Parry
24. Smith
25. Gower
26. Schneder/McIllwrick/new backup hooker
27. GL
28. Gennings
29. Davey
30. Faingaa

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
IMO we do need either 2 x quality middles (with Niukore on the edge) or 1 x middle and 1 x edge forward (with Niukore in the middle) to be a top 4 side. If we can fit both into our squad with our remaining cap space I say go for it.

One issue though is that RCG’s release may be contingent on them signing JWH.

I’m an advocate for stacking the top 17, reducing our depth and hoping for minimal injuries. We’ve now got some juniors we can promote to fill the other roster spots.

Yes agree we need 2 quality top 17 forwards however I don’t reckon RGC / JWH wouId offer good value together.

Just a rough guess RGC probably is worth $600k and JWH $700k, that’s $1.3 million or so. Also signing those 2 potentially affects our cap into the future as I doubt they only take 2 year deals.

However with paulo playing approx 60 mins, Brown 60 mins (assuming he plays less with another quality middle signing), Evans aprox 40 mins , there is only 80 or so mins for another middle forward/s (240 mins total game time, less 160 mins from our current middles).

So I don’t reckon spending $1.3 million is good value for 80 mins of footy just in the middle.

I would rather:

- 1 top quality rep forward (eg,RGC, JWH, Fifita, Jackson etc etc) for around $600-$800
- 1 average experienced forward for around $300k (eg like a Prior, etc,)
- a attacking hooker to play the last 30 or so minutes each week to give Mahoney at break. Guessing around l $300k

So a rough looking side is

8. Paulo
9. Mahoney
10. New signing
11. Marata
12. Lane
13. Brown

14. Evans
15. New signing forward
16. Stone / Taka / salmon
17. New signing hooker

Latest posts