What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Imagine the poor suckers that get stuck with the job of commentating the Titans v Dragons game. They will probably call in sick and get the some ring-in from QLD. It will be amateur hour watching these 2 dud teams try to play footy. They will be focusing more on the trip to Bali or where ever they are going for end of season. Seriously, as a club I would tell the players they have to train till the GF and punish them on the paddock but then again they suffered enough with Mary's coaching all year.

It is usually a sad day when the season comes to an end for the Saints but this one is actually a happy occasion and one I am looking forward to the most hoping we get some good news for next season.

Have faith Dennis. Dragons footy. We will put in a big one for Mary, Gaz, Lats & the supporters and go into pre-season in a positive mind set.
I have had enormous faith since 1971.
It would just be nice to play finals footy regularly and at least look like we have a chance of winning the comp.
I am sure we have a good chance of beating the poor old Titans but that is a pretty hollow victory don't you think?
Beating the Dogs twice (before they woke up), Titans twice, Manly and Brisbane by one point miracles from Norman and a stumbling bumbling Cowboys outfit.
What sort of positive mindset does that engender?
When a proper coach is installed, it may be time to look for blue sky.
Until then...just keeping the faith.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
If and when the maestro goes we may also need to tap some of the players on the shoulder as well as the ‘ polish ‘ has been lost once and for all with a number of them . Regardless of which coach ends up at the club the damage has already been done to them and would appear to be irrreversable .

Last edited:
3B391504-27F5-42A0-B852-DE25982FC91C.jpeg

Extracts from 2019 season Review (page 323-glossary)

Paul “Mary” McGregor (coach)

Correctly pointed out that tries from kicks are unfair and a blight on the game.

Was right to encourage Ben Hunt to stay at home and play Grand Theft Auto ( Hong Kong) instead of playing to keep the season alive.
Ben has repaid that faith by having an outstanding balance of the season.

Ensured that our brightest player, Host followed his instructions to the letter at all times, especially right at the end of matches.

Encouraged and appreciated player support leading up to the end of season. This increase in morale was clearly evident v Tigers and shan’t easily be forgotten.

Gayly threw assistants (mates) under the bus when season looked irredeemable. These steps were much appreciated by all concerned.

The recommendation is that it would be in the clubs best interests that his contract be upgraded and he be offered a 2 year extension taking him to 2024.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
View attachment 32713

Extracts from 2019 season Review (page 323-glossary)

Paul “Mary” McGregor (coach)

Correctly pointed out that tries from kicks are unfair and a blight on the game.

Was right to encourage Ben Hunt to stay at home and play Grand Theft Auto ( Hong Kong) instead of playing to keep the season alive.
Ben has repaid that faith by having an outstanding balance of the season.

Ensured that our brightest player, Host followed his instructions to the letter at all times, especially right at the end of matches.

Encouraged and appreciated player support leading up to the end of season. This increase in morale was clearly evident v Tigers and shan’t easily be forgotten.

Gayly threw assistants (mates) under the bus when season looked irredeemable. These steps were much appreciated by all concerned.

The recommendation is that it would be in the clubs best interests that his contract be upgraded and he be offered a 2 year extension taking him to 2024.
:japanese_ogre::japanese_ogre:

The calm one

Juniors
Imagine the poor suckers that get stuck with the job of commentating the Titans v Dragons game. They will probably call in sick and get the some ring-in from QLD. It will be amateur hour watching these 2 dud teams try to play footy. They will be focusing more on the trip to Bali or where ever they are going for end of season. Seriously, as a club I would tell the players they have to train till the GF and punish them on the paddock but then again they suffered enough with Mary's coaching all year.

It is usually a sad day when the season comes to an end for the Saints but this one is actually a happy occasion and one I am looking forward to the most hoping we get some good news for next season.
I won't be watching. The rain forest is calling

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It's always darkest before the dawn and it can't get much bloody darker!

For the first time in a long time, at least we have hope.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.............

tunnel-oets.jpg

Latest posts