What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

JokerEel

First Grade
Forwards that would be handy.

Arrow - Titans
Fafita-Broncos
RCG-Panthers
Turner - Bunnies
Welch - Storm
Frizzel - Dragons
Staggs - Broncos

Gazzamatta

Coach
Davey must be an option. Has had a full season in 2nds playing big minutes. Hes a big boy and won the coaches award. Ive seen him play a few times and he looked very capable both in A & D. That said BA hasn't given him an opportunity for some reason so he'll probably head back to Qld.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Davey must be an option. Has had a full season in 2nds playing big minutes. Hes a big boy and won the coaches award. Ive seen him play a few times and he looked very capable both in A & D. That said BA hasn't given him an opportunity for some reason so he'll probably head back to Qld.

It’s not BA hasn’t given him an opportunity, there just hasn’t been one at this stage. Our edges have been, Manu / Marata / lane, and we have basically had them available for most of the season. Plus Taka is probably the next in line. Additionally our edges play nearly 80 mins each week, further reducing his opportunities.

Anyhow I suspect earning $110k or so is probably enough to keep Davey for another year over working as a tradie in the cool northern Queensland weather and getting bashed each week in country footy for f**k all!

Gazzamatta

Coach
It’s not BA hasn’t given him an opportunity, there just hasn’t been one at this stage. Our edges have been, Manu / Marata / lane, and we have basically had them available for most of the season. Plus Taka is probably the next in line. Additionally our edges play nearly 80 mins each week, further reducing his opportunities.

Anyhow I suspect earning $110k or so is probably enough to keep Davey for another year over working as a tradie in the cool northern Queensland weather and getting bashed each week in country footy for f**k all!
I hope so. He looks the type of player who would improve with better halfs feeding him. Wentys half have generally been rubbish.
In so much as our edge players being fixtures it hasnt stopped them from being pushed into the middle. Maybe with a couple more middles next year this practice may dissappear. Lane is one player id rather stay on his edge. Hes been amazing this year and could become even more so if he wasnt moved as often. I personally think this could be part of the reason of the decline of Tepai.