What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
A dragon supporter friend of mine mentioned yesterday we may be in the hunt for Lachlan Timm, he would be a good signing.
He thinks he has a bit of inside info.
He spoiled the conversation by saying we were looking at aitken also.

Aitken at the right price wouldn’t be a bad pick up.

MugaB

Coach
With josh morris rumoured to go to t he dragons, looks like centres are swapping houses now, first it was coaches, then halves, now centres.
DAMN U RAMIEN!!!!

mxlegend99

Referee
Aitken at the right price wouldn’t be a bad pick up.
At any price he would be bad. Our centres are hopeless as it is. He's worse than what wehave.

By this logic, regardless of who we recruit/retain, they will be a failure. We may as well pack it up for the next 4 years then.

From a less emotional/depressive viewpoint, the club needs to continue to recruit quality players. For whatever reason, RCG has decided to halfarse it since he signed his big deal - he's not the first Panther junior to do that.

From the club's view there needs to be an assumption when making player decisions that Dave's mate and the other coaching staff know what they're doing and the training and conditioning will be at the required level in 2020.
JWH would end up the same as Packer and Matulino did for Tigers.

We can get better value for money than RCG and/or similar/better output that leaves us in a better cap position then keeping him. I dont think JWH would tick any of those boxes personally and would prefer to keep RCG. Which is also not a good option obviously.

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
Aitken would be a solid signing but will it make the team better, unlikely.

Latu still on the outer at the titans, surely we are looking to bring him home cheaply? He played well under Ivan and still has a lot to offer.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If Whare is not too expensive just keep him at right centre until we develop one.

There is no point going into the market for a right centre if Cleary is our right edge half.

Crashtest

Juniors
One of the few NRL centres who's defence is worse than Naden's. Would have to be really cheap.

He is normally one of the better defensive centres in the NRL, part of why he was being considered for an origin spot last year. His run metres and tackle breaks per game are good as well.

I'd prefer a more attacking centre, like Scott or Ramien with an attitude adjustment. But if we can't sign one, there would be far worse centre options to sign than Aitken. And he wouldn't command big dollars either.

Last edited:

Crashtest

Juniors
At any price he would be bad. Our centres are hopeless as it is. He's worse than what wehave.

I don't think he is. He runs a lot more metres per game and with far more tackle breaks than Whare, and tackles at a higher tackle efficiency than him as well.

We need more depth at centre, so at the right price I think he would be a good signing. We can't leave Naden and Crichton as our only centres if the club is trying to offload Whare as rumoured.

age.s

First Grade
He is normally one of the better defensive centres in the NRL, part of why he was being considered for an origin spot last year. His run metres and tackle breaks per game are good as well.

That was his reputation a couple of years back, but this year he has been atrocious. The Dragons right edge has to be the worst defensive combination that isn't in a Titans jersey. Aitken having a bunch of different wingers outside him probably hasn't helped, but then again he's been the only constant in such a poorly performing edge.

martielang

Bench
Rapana stalling on a new deal with the Raiders. He obviously wants to get paiddd but would be a great addition. I think Franklin mentioned Oates who's be another pick up but I think we'd be talking $700k + & I don't think we'll have the cash.

If we hadn't just released him 2 years ago, I probably be getting Oldfield for depth purposes. Looked good this year both at centre & winger.

franklin2323

Immortal
Rapana stalling on a new deal with the Raiders. He obviously wants to get paiddd but would be a great addition. I think Franklin mentioned Oates who's be another pick up but I think we'd be talking $700k + & I don't think we'll have the cash.

If we hadn't just released him 2 years ago, I probably be getting Oldfield for depth purposes. Looked good this year both at centre & winger.

Rapana too would be a good signing but need them to get some ball

Status
Not open for further replies.