What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rookie of the Year

Seems Payne Haas has this covered in here, although admittedly I've not watched many broncos games to see him go.

Of the ones I've seen a bit of.

Papanhauzen and Garrick (good call @Cumberland Throw ) are standouts.

The other guy who I've only seen twice who's absolutely in my mind front and centre (pun not intended) is Justin Olam for the Melbourne Storm. Geez I'd love to have him in a Dragons Jersey.

Big Pete

Referee
Payne Haas.

I can't remember a rookie forward churning out his kind of numbers so consistently. Not only is his work-rate phenomenal, but he's producing a lot of 1%ers that don't show up on the stats sheet. Cleaning up kicks, saving tries and the like.

Not only is he rookie of the season, but it may rate right up there with Menzies in terms of mastery.

some11

Referee
The other guy who I've only seen twice who's absolutely in my mind front and centre (pun not intended) is Justin Olam for the Melbourne Storm. Geez I'd love to have him in a Dragons Jersey.
He's the kind of player that would be completely underutilised under any other coach.

That Munster-Bromwich-Olam-JAC edge is destroying teams. Bellamy just moves on from one good player to the next.

Big Pete

Referee
Anyone winning it over Haas would be worse then when cutie won it over SBW

SBW missed more than half the regular season and was a bench player for the majority of it. It's actually a testament to his ability that it was considered so close, but Hunt playing the entire season and playing well beyond his years gave him the edge.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fine crop this year.

Ours Nikora, Xerri, Uele, BBrailey, Mulitano.

Do they decide by how many Dally M points they get?

Haas has been awesome.

Perth Tiger

Bench
He's the kind of player that would be completely underutilised under any other coach.

That Munster-Bromwich-Olam-JAC edge is destroying teams. Bellamy just moves on from one good player to the next.
It goes to show that there is plenty of playing talent for 18 or even 20 teams. What the NRL are sorely lacking is coaching talent

Latest posts