What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY

TruSaint

Referee
No mate. Nothing like that. It’s more along the lines of not caring if they win or lose.

I think its safe to say most of us look at it this way. Whilst we post " hope we lose", its more a case of NFI..

Losses dont hurt at the minute. Not giving a f**k isn't supporting the opp.

TruSaint

Referee
Season 2019:
images

Still no omelette...

@muzby , dinner sorted then mate :):)

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I think its safe to say most of us look at it this way. Whilst we post " hope we lose", its more a case of NFI..

Losses dont hurt at the minute. Not giving a f**k isn't supporting the opp.

I think we’re all numb at the moment. I’ve never seen a season like this. A team full of superstars who should be pushing for a top 4 place but are second last. A coach who from the looks of things has no idea. Been there too long. I think it’s time for a change.

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
Hope is a cruel thing. I hope Mary is going but as I have said before I worry that he won’t. As late as today in the Telegraph, Paul Kent lists all the excuses for Mary....JDB, injuries to Widdop, Origin....and we are told that MacGregor carried the weight of these difficulties like a man and didn’t complain. The fans apparently don’t know the true nature of the problems he was asked to deal with......then you have Blocker shouting people down on the panel because he knows how hard Mary works. Even Toovey said MacGregor was his friend and that “he can coach”. Only Rothfield, and to a certain extent Hughes, said it was unacceptable. With his allies working hard ‘Finally’ might be a little premature. Rothfield said that the review will still happen and Kent said that those in the know say that the Club wants to give him a chance until early on next season. FMD

Gareth67

First Grade
Hope is a cruel thing. I hope Mary is going but as I have said before I worry that he won’t. As late as today in the Telegraph, Paul Kent lists all the excuses for Mary....JDB, injuries to Widdop, Origin....and we are told that MacGregor carried the weight of these difficulties like a man and didn’t complain. The fans apparently don’t know the true nature of the problems he was asked to deal with......then you have Blocker shouting people down on the panel because he knows how hard Mary works. Even Toovey said MacGregor was his friend and that “he can coach”. Only Rothfield, and to a certain extent Hughes, said it was unacceptable. With his allies working hard ‘Finally’ might be a little premature. Rothfield said that the review will still happen and Kent said that those in the know say that the Club wants to give him a chance until early on next season. FMD

Yes nothing - nothing whatsoever would surprise me with the clowns running the show , or should I say circus ? That would be the likely scenario as you have suggested - give him until he proves himself in the early part of the year and going by the J.V’s usual form they will allow him to finish the year with or without success.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I think we’re all numb at the moment. I’ve never seen a season like this. A team full of superstars who should be pushing for a top 4 place but are second last. A coach who from the looks of things has no idea. Been there too long. I think it’s time for a change.

When we were beating the Broncos in the semi final last year, l felt like a naughty school kid who liked what he was seeing but knew there would be consequences for winning with McGregor at the helm.

We all knew he was a dud back then and winning that game got him his contract extension. To this day, l still rue that win.

He must go.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
When we were beating the Broncos in the semi final last year, l felt like a naughty school kid who liked what he was seeing but knew there would be consequences for winning with McGregor at the helm.

We all knew he was a dud back then and winning that game got him his contract extension. To this day, l still rue that win.

He must go.
They lost their first 2 games badly, then scraped 2 poor wins by 1 point each and he got a contract extension. How the f**k does that happen? Do the imbeciles who run this club actually know anything about footy? I’m no expert, but blind Freddy and his dog could see that there was no reason to extend his contract.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Give him a chance.....are they kidding ....does anyone in their right mind expect anything to change in the early part of next season.or at all....we still have The Imposter in charge no Widdop, still no Debelin ,Graham will be another season older, chances are we will still have Aitken and Lafai....McInness returning from a broken leg...Sims after surgery.etc etc...FMD seriously has there ever been another coach in the NRL afforded the leniency that this bloke has...Im sitting in my study and looking at my bookcase and my eyes were drawn to my favourite book Never before Never again....and I just shake my head in disbelief that we have come to this.....its just a complete and utter nonsense and those responsible should hang their heads in shame

Dragonslayer

First Grade
What a roller coaster ride this situation is turning out to be.

Firstly reported he's gone and the Titans game will be his last. Exhilarating exuberance displayed by all.

Next report he has to win against the Titans to keep his job. Now tainted exuberance displayed with a touch of wtf. Calls of go the Titans!

Next report, he's got until round 6 of next season, with some saying he has to win 4 of the 6 to save his job. Exuberance now extinguished, replaced with frustrated disbelief and anger.

Next report, we cannot afford to pay him out. Frustration replaced with anger.

Last report was back to the game against the Titans. Optimistic anger maybe?

I've probably missed some points here but the general gist here is that everyone is wanting this disaster to end. Facts or no facts, rumours and wants are all we are surviving on as fans of this once great club.
Imo the club has no choice left, other than stalling the inevitable, for what reasons i do not know. I only know that keeping him on as head coach past September 30 will have a devestating flow on effect, the likes we have never experienced before as fans or should.
If the Titans game is the benchmark set then we know were we stand, or fall, however you make look at it.

He must go.

While everyone else was celebrating, I was devasted by that win. Always looking at the big picture.

Straight Shooter

Unbelievable!
I have never seen a situation where a high level coach can become immune from sacking because of a tidal wave of friendly spin.
Results seemingly mean nothing.
The huge thrashings that the fans have had to endure this season and every season for that matter.
Late season fades.
Being booed of the field for spineless performances. And that is just the highlights reel!
But here is the crux.
For every excuse and heart felt assurance that Kent trots out in the Telegraph, there are twice as many reasons why McGregor should be sacked.
After all is said and done, Kent should study McGregor's CV at the time he was appointed as Head Coach of St. George.
No coaching background to speak of, no apprenticeship(s) with mentors.
No qualifications whatsoever actually.
As I said Kent is no RL journo, he is a card board cut out.
You really have to wonder if there is another agenda here.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You really have to wonder if there is another agenda here.
Indeed there is..

The Illawarra Mafia realised they needed a media stooge to help them (as apparently WIN didn’t have any) so they headhunted Mick Crawley as they knew he had brothers in the media.

Once Crawley had signed his contract, he was locked in an old coal mine near Mt Kiera, only brought out on game days to be seen by the cameras.

They then contacted Paul Crawley and told him that Mick would be harmed if he didn’t convince Paul Kent to go easy on Mary, no matter what the cost.

The whole scam was nearly blown open as there was security camera footage of Paul Crawley holding Paul Kent over the edge of the Foxtel building but that film mysteriously disappeared after the security firm were paid a visit by representatives from the crystal bears.

Around July this year Steve Crawley recieved a finger in the mail, which he believed was Mick’s. The message with the finger was that he was to use his influence to silence the NRL - who it was believed to be about to go public with news that they had been forced by WIN to agree to the 50% sale of the dragons for only $1.

Steve told the NRL that if news got out, Fox would cut all funding & not participate in any TV rights bidding next time - and would instead just illegally stream all games via Kayo.

To show compliance, the NRL orchestrated a “fake revolt” at Newcastle, causing Nathan Brown to lose his job, thus taking media heat off Mary whilst also ensuring that the search for a new coach at Newcastle would highlight to dragons fans that there weren’t any other good coaches available out there anyway.

But it’s getting quite messy now and tensions are fraying everywhere. From what I have heard this morning there are rumours that Happy Dragon’s head has been left on the doorstep of the Taj, with i98 FM stickers covering its eyes..