What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Another good knock from Labs, after 2 for 29 we looked in big poo but these two have done a good job.

It looks a belter so anything under 400 will be well below par.

Eelectrica

Referee
2 down is about the best we could hope for and that's what we got.

Nicely done Lab. I want to wake up in the morning with news that he's got his first test century.
Smithy just keeps on keeping on.

Fangs

Coach
Credit to selectors on Labooshya. The guy came from nowhere. Should have been like Steve Smith batting at 8 and bowling a few leggies to feel useful.

They've had him in the top 4 and he is digging in. Looks good.

VictoryFC

Bench
If you look at the last 10 years at Old Trafford, big scores in first innings are a pretty frequent occurrence. Batting was the right choice, despite the early dismissals.

We should be looking at 300 at a minimum. Anything below is a massive headache. Just above 300 is ok, and with the selectors finally getting it right with our attack for this match it'll be good enough.

We can all thank our lucky stars that Starc is in the team. Finally a pace bowler who can change things up for England's batsmen. Going into the last test, even though we should have won, with three right hand quicks was dumb. So frustrating to watch.

Not only are England's left handers like Roy and Stokes gonna see something new, but there's nothing better in world cricket than watching Starc bowl full/yorkers to right handers when the ball is moving.

He may not be as consistent as Hazlewood, Cummins or Pattinson, but I thought it was criminal he wasn't in the last test. In the same way that I hate seeing three LHB's 1-3 in the batting order, playing three right hand quicks when you have a matchwinning lefty available is frustrating.

Latest posts