What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Surely this upcoming round and the last few weeks shows that a flexi shcedule should be adopted for the last 5 weeks of the comp.

I don't mean full flexi, still schedule the games like now but give channel 9 or better yet, the NRL the power to switch games that are played on the same day e.g. wests/sharks swap with panthers/knights.

They could do this on each day of the weekend except for Thursday, i can't see too many administrative issues with a swap in time with a few weeks notice.

Channel 9 could have broadcast the following under that scenario

Raiders/Roosters
Manly/Storm
Eels/Storm
Wests/sharks
Sharks/Raiders
Annesley was fairly adamant they won't be amending the broadcasting arrangements til the end of the current deal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ha
Only the broncos get the time slot they want.
In fact I know the sharks asked for a few games on particular days over the years.
Never got any of them.
In fact they copped the worst possible day for a few.
Middle of Easter and Monday nights for local Derby.

The NRL just spread em as wide as the can for TV.

Looking at the scheduling this I Year I doubt nrl has any control of who played when despite their previous claims to have taken back control.

carcharias

Immortal
Quality input, carch :clap:

What do you mean power?

I'm referring to the draw process - clubs can make requests as part of that and I'm suggesting the Tigers may have requested the early kickoff. Just speculation. It's also fair enough that Penrith v Newcastle, up until a few weeks ago, was a chance at being a finals-impacting match.

Hindsight aside, the only real troubling scheduling decision was GC-Saints. The rest of the games were fair bets to be impacting finals - just now only one of the four will because of how results fell.

No
That was the answer
The NRL don’t care about Sydney teams requests.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Time for Tigers to move to Bankwest fulltime. Could have had a 30k crowd in a state of the art stadium for this game.
Yeah, nah.

Part of the reason Sunday is sold out is because it's at Leichhardt.

If it was at Bankwest chances it wouldn't sell out. It's further away from Cronulla's base - and so far in the matches held there, there's yet to be an impressive crowd outside the 24k v Parra - some 5-6k short of capacity, and arguably dominated by Eels fans.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Yeah, nah.

If it was at Bankwest chances it wouldn't sell out. It's further away from Cronulla's base - and so far in the matches held there, there's yet to be an impressive crowd outside the 24k v Parra - some 5-6k short of capacity, and arguably dominated by Eels fans.

It would get 26k at bank west..
It will get 18k at leichardt

The end

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Fox should have just said ok.. show our game on 9 at 2pm.. but our crew our commentators..

It not like anyone will subscribe to fox just this week to watch 1 game..

Would have been a good f**k u

franklin2323

Immortal
We needed more double headers! Crowds havent shifted for years so no reason to expect this year would be much different, though the inclusion of Bankwest stadium gave some hope. Sadly the NRL hasnt utilised this amazing asset as well as it should have so havent seen the bump we could have done.

Many issues why crowd is down but I doubt NRL care

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah, nah.

So what your saying is that the reason it’s sold out is becausse it’s in a small capacity ground? Seems to have been a lot of hype and positive media for this one, seriously youmdont think two local clubs can’t get 15k each to go along to such an important game?

Vee

First Grade
Looking at the scheduling this I Year I doubt nrl has any control of who played when despite their previous claims to have taken back control.
Read somewhere that the NRL allocate three games to Thurs/Fri and Nein decide which will be in which slot.

Frailty

First Grade
Fox should have just said ok.. show our game on 9 at 2pm.. but our crew our commentators..

It not like anyone will subscribe to fox just this week to watch 1 game..

Would have been a good f**k u

Yeah totally... Not like Fox get revenue from advertisers or anything.

taipan

Referee
Didn't Nein want now to give Thursday nights a miss? Surely another Sunday arvo game will boost crowds. Obviously not ratings .However adding another match to 9 games ,would make up for it.
I'm sure channel 10 in 2023 would do anything to get a reliable top rating sport ,instead of relying on their at times cringeworthy reality Tv stuff.

Didn't Nein want now to give Thursday nights a miss? Surely another Sunday arvo game will boost crowds. Obviously not ratings .However adding another match to 9 games ,would make up for it.
I'm sure channel 10 in 2023 would do anything to get a reliable top rating sport ,instead of relying on their at times cringeworthy reality Tv stuff.
Even for no increase or a slight modest increase I would be over the moon if 10 got the rights .
Nein are a pathetic disgrace .
The sooner they lose the rights the better

Hoofhearted

Juniors
best tickets available at Parra are top level of southern stand
Just had a look and it appears that the top of the southern stand is about the only area left, as long as Ticketek aren't up to their usual tricks (holding back half the tickets) this could be around 25k

Latest posts