What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

You can expect your depth players to play anywhere from half a season to every game. Takairangi is a great example. He's played 20 games but realistically wouldn't be considered a guaranteed top 17 player since at least before Waqa Blake joined the club. Classic depth player. Like Kane Evans.
Depth players are fine but the real f**k up was paying big money for him.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yes a rumour from the lurker:

“Reagan Campbell-Gillard will be on close to $1 million at Penrith next season - and the Panthers are so desperate to get rid of the big prop that they are willing to pay half his salary if he finds a new club.

It would be an unprecedented move to pay such a massive amount to have a player run around for a rival club - but the Panthers are ready to bite the bullet.

The old Gus Gould regime signed Campbell-Gillard to a massive five year deal last year and new coach Ivan Cleary doesn't believe it to be money well spent.

Only one club is showing interest in the former State of Origin and Test prop - the Panthers' arch rivals and neighbours Parramatta.

The Eels are losing veteran prop Tim Mannah and while they would never consider Campbell-Gillard on his current deal, they see a $500,000 salary as a bargain.

If they can clear RCG from their books, Penrith will make a play for Roosters hardman Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Stand by for developments over the off season.”

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ard-2020-salary-cap/mbsgnplye7oq1knnmzjtljqlb

Bazal

Post Whore
Yes a rumour from the lurker:

“Reagan Campbell-Gillard will be on close to $1 million at Penrith next season - and the Panthers are so desperate to get rid of the big prop that they are willing to pay half his salary if he finds a new club.

It would be an unprecedented move to pay such a massive amount to have a player run around for a rival club - but the Panthers are ready to bite the bullet.

The old Gus Gould regime signed Campbell-Gillard to a massive five year deal last year and new coach Ivan Cleary doesn't believe it to be money well spent.

Only one club is showing interest in the former State of Origin and Test prop - the Panthers' arch rivals and neighbours Parramatta.

The Eels are losing veteran prop Tim Mannah and while they would never consider Campbell-Gillard on his current deal, they see a $500,000 salary as a bargain.

If they can clear RCG from their books, Penrith will make a play for Roosters hardman Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Stand by for developments over the off season.”

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ard-2020-salary-cap/mbsgnplye7oq1knnmzjtljqlb

500k is still overs.

Lol @ Penrith

Soto

Bench
500k is still overs.

Lol @ Penrith
I reckon the $1m figure is complete and utter bullshit.
Prob $700k.
If we get him for $500k or hopefully less then i reckon its good value.
He will rediscover the form that made him SOO and an Australian player.
Young, plenty of time on his side and has proven himself at the top level.
I'm all for this signing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Prob $700k.

Complete crap.
650-700k yes

JokerEel

Coach
Prob $700k.

They did say close to 1 million so 50k is close

Gazzamatta

Coach
Will he regain his confidence in attack? His injury was significant and his new style appears to be a result of same.
Why do The Pennys want him out to the extent they will pay a significant amount of his salary.
Hopefully due diligence is being done. Signing a player for what he once did isnt always a good idea. Tahu and Hayne come to mind. Its a gamble either way I suppose.

strider

Post Whore
You can expect your depth players to play anywhere from half a season to every game. Takairangi is a great example. He's played 20 games but realistically wouldn't be considered a guaranteed top 17 player since at least before Waqa Blake joined the club. Classic depth player. Like Kane Evans.
You're adamant about that?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah I don't get why we are helping out the panthers. We should leave them with that shocking contract and go for someone else.
They are only able to chase JWH because they are offloading RCG. f**k them!! Ambush the merkjns!!

Latest posts