What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Realist

Juniors
lol, yeah, RCG getting put on his back is just a new thing.

Every player gets put on their back mate and quite regularly. Yes even 'prime' RCG was put on his back a little more than average but at times he'd crash into the line with such force that they couldn't and get a QPTB. Now he seems as though he is easily dealt with by the defence over 90% of the time.

franklin2323

Immortal
No. Worst case is he plays first grade for us.

If he was depth only it would be fine.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...ory=defence&sortBy=tackleEfficiencyPercentage

Out of the regular centres only Leilua has a better tackle %
he has 15 errors in 23 games. Naden has 19 in 12 games
Aitken ave 3 less running metres
Aitken has 2 try assists (same as Whare) Naden has none

Stats are only part of it but stats show Aitken is an all round better centre. Naden only really has try scoring on his side

Sime_11

Juniors
What about Josh Morris as a stop gap centre for 2020/maybe 2021? He played origin this year and didn’t look out of place, good defensively, good leadership for our backs which would help.

Sharks fire sale as others keep saying (xerri and Ramien will be sharks centres for 2020), he’ll be very cheap and keeps Naden away from left centre...

Fangs

Coach
Yeah I agree on that.

I think you'll find just about everyone does.

Take Katoa. Who has a short kicking game, fast service and decent defense. And yet we can find plenty of examples where he has let us down in all 3 areas. Usually when he makes a blunder it's a massive one too.

What he is capable of and what he produces are two different things. Nathan Cleary is capable of throwing a cut out pass. Put him in front of 18k at Penrith stadium against first grade defence and he looks lost. I'm sure he also knows how to kick for touch but I honestly can't remember him doing that once in 2019.

Fangs

Coach
What about Josh Morris as a stop gap centre for 2020/maybe 2021? He played origin this year and didn’t look out of place, good defensively, good leadership for our backs which would help.

Sharks fire sale as others keep saying, he’ll be very cheap and keeps Naden away from left centre...

Either Morris brother would be good. Both underrated.

Brett Morris has been excellent for the Roosters and is one of the games all time greatest finishers. He would be a massive upgrade on Mansour and would find the try line a lot more.

We also need experience for which they have in spades.

OldPanther

Coach
I think you'll find just about everyone does.

Take Katoa. Who has a short kicking game, fast service and decent defense. And yet we can find plenty of examples where he has let us down in all 3 areas. Usually when he makes a blunder it's a massive one too.

What he is capable of and what he produces are two different things. Nathan Cleary is capable of throwing a cut out pass. Put him in front of 18k at Penrith stadium against first grade defence and he looks lost. I'm sure he also knows how to kick for touch but I honestly can't remember him doing that once in 2019.

Yes and my argument this entire time has been he has the ability and has shown it on field but isn't doing it consistently for whatever reason. I was going against the idea that he can't and never will.

franklin2323

Immortal

Sharks fire sale as others keep saying (xerri and Ramien will be sharks centres for 2020), he’ll be very cheap and keeps Naden away from left centre...

Perfect sort of guy. Naden and Crichton I think are 2 Pre seasons from being decent centres if at all. so 1-2 years from him is perfect

The Realist

Juniors
It looks as though Sam McKendry is retiring :(

Bad luck big fella. I was really hoping he'd pull through and make our bench for 2020 and put in a few good years. It looks like his body has said, enough is enough.

Trent Barrett’s return to Penrith next year is part of a wider shake-up of Ivan Cleary’s support staff for next season. Cleary has been monitoring the staff he inherited from Anthony Griffin when he joined the Panthers late last year and was always considering a re-shuffle for 2020. One man who may depart the club is assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo, who has been linked with a job at Newcastle for next year.
https://westernweekender.com.au/2019/09/masked-panther-panthers-bemused-by-koroisau-rumours/

Status
Not open for further replies.