What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The real question is who is available and are they better than Mc Grinner
No good fantasising about the very top coaches who are either locked in or would never come to our shambolic club
Hook is a decidedly better option than good old career coach Mc Grinner and that is the only comparison that counts.

Whether the Panther players liked him or not, he had them sitting well on the table and methinks Gould had the most issues with him.

Certainly a better, sounder option the McGregor.

SBD82

Coach
Whether the Panther players liked him or not, he had them sitting well on the table and methinks Gould had the most issues with him.

Certainly a better, sounder option the McGregor.
His issues were primarily with staff. He got all of the assistants offside, and the players backed the assistants, making his position untenable.

What Gould did is in line with a philosophy that he has spruiked many times. That once it is known that a coach is going to leave the club, it needs to happen immediately.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Paul Kent stated that St George haven’t got the cash to payout McGregor

Please god just get rid of him

BIG RIG

Juniors
Fox league saying that both Josh Morris and Josh Dugan could leave Sharks

Do u reckon any of the two could end up here

Big Rig isn’t that hard to believe when WIN Corp is worth Millions Kent is protecting a mate no mates in footy when is this shit going to end. We are all over this f**king bullshit.

WIN Corp may have millions of dollars but apart from bailing out the Illawarra Steelers to maintain part ownership in spirit for the Illawarra in the JV, it has not spent any money in improving the JV.

So in essence they have merely preserved the status quo.

BLM01

First Grade
I'd go the other way around.

Morris is 33. One year left in him, and when you're that age your athleticism can deteriorate very quickly.
Morris for cover depth and he still chased down Croker last weekend when all the young blokes stood back and watched. He has a good year left in him..he is proving at the Sharks as his brother is at the Roosters...especially compared to our mob
Dugan plays like he is 33 and some and aint as fast.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Morris for cover depth and he still chased down Croker last weekend when all the young blokes stood back and watched. He has a good year left in him..he is proving at the Sharks as his brother is at the Roosters...especially compared to our mob
Dugan plays like he is 33 and some and aint as fast.

Agree... But this is the problem. "One good year".
We need backs that have a huge future ahead of them but still have ability right now.

Ramien and Smith would have been perfect.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree... But this is the problem. "One good year".
We need backs that have a huge future ahead of them but still have ability right now.

Ramien and Smith would have been perfect.
Ramien has shown his colours and carry ons at Newcastle. Was but not now interested. Not a team sort of guy to me.
Morris experience would be invaluable to others around and we need 1 year for the transitition of getting 3 decent backs (I think Lomax and Saab should be 1st grade) but the right ones and fit + will put in for the team. We cant get em all in one go.
Reimis Smith I dont mind but he was dropped to reserve grade for a while and he worries me as has a few errors in him

qld redvee

Juniors
Id be happy with josh morris for a year he would be relatively cheap and could mentor the juniors coming through the ranks. I dont think he would let us down and is solid in defence Would be an upgrade on maranta at least !! Management also have to look at the books in relation to cap . If we are close to bust for 2020 - widdops money is going to whom ?? ( norman for sure ) BUT is he value for money ?? If we need to buy players then we need to offload the dufftys aitkens to england where we wont pay anyone to take them off our hands . At this rate if our cap is "busted" our backline is Kaput reserve strength JDB who knows then 2020 is shaping up as looking shambolic unless we do have a major spring clean of coaching staff .. However if we cant afford to sack supercoach how do we gain better assisstants for the club as hornby , young and head SHOULD be relatively cheap the likes of furner and barrett would have higher pay demands - seems like a go fund me page is required

Lethal25

Juniors
Id be happy with josh morris for a year he would be relatively cheap and could mentor the juniors coming through the ranks. I dont think he would let us down and is solid in defence Would be an upgrade on maranta at least !! Management also have to look at the books in relation to cap . If we are close to bust for 2020 - widdops money is going to whom ?? ( norman for sure ) BUT is he value for money ?? If we need to buy players then we need to offload the dufftys aitkens to england where we wont pay anyone to take them off our hands . At this rate if our cap is "busted" our backline is Kaput reserve strength JDB who knows then 2020 is shaping up as looking shambolic unless we do have a major spring clean of coaching staff .. However if we cant afford to sack supercoach how do we gain better assisstants for the club as hornby , young and head SHOULD be relatively cheap the likes of furner and barrett would have higher pay demands - seems like a go fund me page is required
Since making the decision to not renew for myself and my son I would be far happier to give some cash to a gofundme if it meant McGregor was gone. At least there is control over what the money is being spent on, hand it over for membership and they do all sorts of stupid shit with it

sco22

Juniors
WIN Corp may have millions of dollars but apart from bailing out the Illawarra Steelers to maintain part ownership in spirit for the Illawarra in the JV, it has not spent any money in improving the JV.

So in essence they have merely preserved the status quo.
How True Saints Forever we suppose to be a powerhouse with WIN CORP except we are just an Outhouse with nothing but holding Shit in your hands. I am so over this words fail me with all bullshit from the media and club. Bennett fired McGregor cause he was incompetent and the Illawarra side bring him back everyone is laughing at Dragons except us.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Seriously if Saints have to pay out Mary then keep him as reserve grade coach (which he will hopefully resign due to his demotion) and if not pay him slowly rather than 1 big lump sum of 1.2 mil. New guy (just say Fitzgibbon) to hopefully jump at the opportunity to join for 100k a season ( top coin for a rookie) and if all works out in 2 years give him a bumper pay rise. There are only 16 NRL head coaching spots so Saints should actually offer a 2 year low salary with the promise of an additional 2 If and only if they succeed and get Saints top 6 both years at least.

redVinme

Juniors
Seriously if Saints have to pay out Mary then keep him as reserve grade coach (which he will hopefully resign due to his demotion) and if not pay him slowly rather than 1 big lump sum of 1.2 mil. New guy (just say Fitzgibbon) to hopefully jump at the opportunity to join for 100k a season ( top coin for a rookie) and if all works out in 2 years give him a bumper pay rise. There are only 16 NRL head coaching spots so Saints should actually offer a 2 year low salary with the promise of an additional 2 If and only if they succeed and get Saints top 6 both years at least.

Exactly this. Illawarra murcurys resident wanker Mitch Jennings (hope you are reading) seems to think we won't cough up the cash.

Guess management thinks people are dumb enough to keep funnelling money for the love of the team. Realistically though we will lose way more money in the interim.

Or 10,000 of us chuck in $120 each I guess......