What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 logo leaked

perverse

Referee
It's a bit weird to have it facing the other way... but the logo does need a bit of a refresh. The current ye olde text is looking a bit naff in 2019. I do like the symbolism of the knight facing forwards instead of looking backwards - which is probably what the branding team sold them on.

I dunno, if the boys start winning I'll like it.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Amazing how wrong it looks given it’s only mirrored. Awful.

I had this sticker, in the first few years of club existence, of an alternate logo from front-on rather than in profile. It is possibly slightly cartoonish, but I imagine anyone 2 months into an art degree could improve on it.

621D8E70-0069-4188-83BB-573D51957778.jpeg

Burns

First Grade
Not a fan.
Can the fans ever be consulted on this thing?

Somewhat similar to that 'Long live the Newcastle Knights' trash they play at the end of our Home games when we win - just awful.

Frederick

Staff member
Not a fan.
Can the fans ever be consulted on this thing?

Somewhat similar to that 'Long live the Newcastle Knights' trash they play at the end of our Home games when we win - just awful.
Lucky we don't have to listen to it that often

Frederick

Staff member
This... offends me. Facing the wrong way!View attachment 32656
tumblr_ovbaabWAXH1vbcnq8o1_500.gif

Zoidberg

First Grade
Also the lines across the face shield are vertical instead of horizontal.
They can’t change it goddamn it, I have a tattoo of the logo

macavity

Referee
Also the lines across the face shield are vertical instead of horizontal.
They can’t change it goddamn it, I have a tattoo of the logo

I specifically got a tattoo of a red and blue knight on a horse rather than an actual logo, as they were bound to change it sooner or later.

Knight76

Juniors
One day, we will be telling our grand children, we remember when the Knight faced the other way.

Back in my day lad, we used to get 15k to a game, and that was when we were losing all the time.

Lad: But grand poppy, we're still losing all the time.

Yes lad, some things change, and some stay the same. I remember when the Knight faced the other way!

Loose Cannon

Bench
I just realised I hate this more than I originally thought.

If they are going with this debacle, I will be disappointed as all hell, but if we need to endure this, it would want to be an abbreviated version for this merchandise, and not the official logo.

“Newcastle” needs to be on that badge.

Zoidberg

First Grade
And it kinda doesn’t even make sense to flip it around. The K merging into the logo works perfectly.