What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Exactly this. Illawarra murcurys resident wanker Mitch Jennings (hope you are reading) seems to think we won't cough up the cash.

Guess management thinks people are dumb enough to keep funnelling money for the love of the team. Realistically though we will lose way more money in the interim.

Or 10,000 of us chuck in $120 each I guess......

The thing that has me returning to my throne room at home is that B.G of WIN has the money to pay the maestro out , but there’s no way is he going to unless there is almighty roar from the teams sponsors. Why they have been so quiet about this for so long has me beat - unless the WIN cooperation has been giving them free air time on their media outlets ?

redVinme

Juniors
The thing that has me returning to my throne room at home is that B.G of WIN has the money to pay the maestro out , but there’s no way is he going to unless there is almighty roar from the teams sponsors. Why they have been so quiet about this for so long has me beat - unless the WIN cooperation has been giving them free air time on their media outlets ?

The whole thing stinks. If any real business was run this way there would be a vote of no confidence from the board. Oh wait, they are the problem too. The safe guard against poor decisions are making them.

Now they are again reporting if they lose this weekend Mary is gone.

So they have to lose to the worst team in years for Mary to get sacked. Well f**k me here's to hoping Mary really has lost the dressing room and they roll over and die.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Mate, l'm hoping the St Goerge Bank has a renewal clause in the contracts signed last week, demanding McGregor be sacked or they will pull the renewal.

qld redvee

Juniors
Just read on Lurker that we cant pay supercoach out -- Lurker reckons that WIN only stumped up the cash to pay the Illawarra debt off so the JV is running on the smell of an oily rag...... You would think that "co owners" put money in the bank for contingencies and expenses ?? Looks like chook raffles every night at both leagues clubs To quote our mate Possm "ITS A MESS"

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Just read on Lurker that we cant pay supercoach out -- Lurker reckons that WIN only stumped up the cash to pay the Illawarra debt off so the JV is running on the smell of an oily rag...... You would think that "co owners" put money in the bank for contingencies and expenses ?? Looks like chook raffles every night at both leagues clubs To quote our mate Possm "ITS A MESS"

Surely Mcldiot had KPI's inserted into his contract or he could be released if they weren't met.

A good CEO would be expected to do his due diligence when writing up a contract.

Qapm

Juniors
Now they are again reporting if they lose this weekend Mary is gone.

So they have to lose to the worst team in years for Mary to get sacked. Well f**k me here's to hoping Mary really has lost the dressing room and they roll over and die.

I'm starting to think long term.

Many agree that McGregor is the symptom of a larger problem.

I think that larger problem is the board and WIN along with the sports "media".

I wish them ill.

Starting to think I want McGregor there the next two years. This club may have to implode before the parasites mentioned above have to cut their losses.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm starting to think long term.

Many agree that McGregor is the symptom of a larger problem.

I think that larger problem is the board and WIN along with the sports "media".

I wish them ill.

Starting to think I want McGregor there the next two years. This club may have to implode before the parasites mentioned above have to cut their losses.

Unfortunately that scenario would appear to be the likely outcome - eventually.

The J.V. will run itself into the ground , those who are responsible for the safe-keeping of the Red & White Dragons have failed miserably in their duty of care in as much as the team being successful OFF the field . It would appear that these gentlemen (?) have no true business acumen whatsoever , they have gone from one disaster to another and as I have said earlier this will not end well .

I believe that the majority of board members are ex-footballers - ex-footballers who are attempting to run a $10 mill. club . For pity sake they needed someone to tell them which direction was clockwise or anti-clockwise so as they could do their circuits of the oval at training and here we have the same numb skulls running our club !

All does no bode well for the future of our beloved Dragons .

Last edited:

sco22

Juniors
Unfortunately that scenario would appear to be the likely outcome - eventually.

The J.V. will run itself into the ground , those who are responsible for the safe-keeping of the Red & White Dragons have failed miserably in their duty of care in as much as the team being successful OFF the field . It would appear that these gentlemen (?) have no true business acumen whatsoever , they have gone from one disaster to another and as I have said earlier this will not end well .

I believe that the majority of board members are ex-footballers - ex-footballers who are attempting to run a $10 mill. club . For pity sake they needed someone to tell which direction was clockwise or anti-clockwise so as they could do their circuits of the oval at training and here we have the same numb skulls running our club !

All does no bode well for the future of our beloved Dragons .
Gareth67 everything you have stated is believable. When talk about ex footy players running clubs just like Souths did remember what happened to them. That could be us!!!!!
Can’t understand that they didn’t go with Bingo or the Sport management guy from Wollongong.
The Dragons would be strong this shit from WIN CORP like you said there could no Dragons in a couple years. Dragons should be getting rid of the anchors Illawarra side and get Bingo or Sport Management for the Dragons and Dragons alone.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth67 everything you have stated is believable. When talk about ex footy players running clubs just like Souths did remember what happened to them. That could be us!!!!!
Can’t understand that they didn’t go with Bingo or the Sport management guy from Wollongong.
The Dragons would be strong this shit from WIN CORP like you said there could no Dragons in a couple years. Dragons should be getting rid of the anchors Illawarra side and get Bingo or Sport Management for the Dragons and Dragons alone.

Scotty , mate that only my take upon the state of affairs, at least as they currently are . I am not attempting to be being an ‘ alarmist ‘ , however as you did mention look what occurred to the rabbitohs years ago . I really could not tell you how many ex-players were on their board at the time of their demise , but let’s face facts - how many footballers have you seen with cauliflower ears , it makes one wonder how much of their grey matter remains intact ? It a big concern to both of us and I am sure many more .

Unfortunately as far as the Joint Ventures present contract is concerned , well that is pretty well set in stone - there’s no wiggle room to change unless of course WIN themselves decided to call it a day . But yes Bingo apparently had the better offer of the 2 , once again we will never be privy to what actually occurred during those negotiations.

So at the end of the day the Joint Venture board must improve its running of the Dragons so as we can truly become a competitive club , to do so will require all members of the board to be knowledgeable in all aspects of the basic business procedures so as success and nothing but success is good enough .

Last edited:

sco22

Juniors
Scotty , mate that only my take upon the state of affairs, at least as they currently are . I am not attempting to be being an ‘ alarmist ‘ , however as you did mention look what occurred to the rabbitohs years ago . I really could not tell you how many ex-players were on their board at the time of their demise , but let’s face facts - how many footballers have you seen with cauliflower ears , it makes one wonder how much of their grey matter remains intact ? It a big concern to both of us and I am sure many more .

Unfortunately as far as the Joint Ventures present contract is concerned , well that is pretty well set in stone - there’s no wiggle room to change unless of course WIN themselves decided to call it a day . But yes Bingo apparently had the better offer of the 2 , once again we will never be privy to what actually occurred during those negotiations.

So at the end of the day the Joint Venture board must improve its running of the Dragons so as we can truly become a competitive club , to do so will require all members of the board to think of success and nothing but success .
We will have to wait and see what the board does you and me want the Dragons to be successful geez the way the board has handle this or the lack of does not give confidence in going forward if nothing changes it will be bleak

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
According to one of fabulous yet unreliable Dragons’ FB pages, some “player movements” will be announced tomorrow at 9am.

I thought “pressers” were traditionally held on a Monday?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
According to one of fabulous yet unreliable Dragons’ FB pages, some “player movements” will be announced tomorrow at 9am.

I thought “pressers” were traditionally held on a Monday?

Nah. Friday arvo is standard time for releasing unpopular news. Make an announcement while everyone is focussed on the weekend or other things. Less outrage and less press coverage that way.

Gareth67

First Grade
CFB4D09A-5D8E-4361-9500-6D65014AD104.jpeg According to a snippet from today’s nine news they have almost come to an agreement . ( apologies for not being able to post the actual site ) but they have taken this from the Mole .

Apparently he himself will be conducting the ‘ end of season review !

Last edited:
Reactions: jak