What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

undertaker

Coach
When I see how gloomy and crap the weather has looked so far during this Ashes series, all I can say is Thank God I don't live in England.

Eelectrica

Referee
When Paine looms good with the bat, the pitch ain't doing much.
A couple of good balls, but they're not looking too troubled.

Gotta get 400+ I think.

JokerEel

Coach
Or how Warnie was explaining how he would launch a verbal barrage on Smith if he was out there.

The bloke who has been booed since he first walked out and has scored over 500 after missing 2 innings?

Yeah. Hehe. Start talking shit to that guy.

Missed 3 innings which is even more impressive...

He scored 600+ runs last ashes series can he beat it?

undertaker

Coach
They ain't joking when they say Australia is the lucky country....
Although I've never been there, rarely do I see photos or video footage in England of the consistent periods of sunshine most of Australia gets (excluding southern parts of Australia such as Melbourne).

I don't think I could handle such gloominess all the time, not to mention the feral hooligan-type behaviour, hearing about soccer 12 months of the year, cold winters....you name it.

Timbo

Staff member
Although I've never been there, rarely do I see photos or video footage in England of the consistent periods of sunshine most of Australia gets (excluding southern parts of Australia such as Melbourne).

I don't think I could handle such gloominess all the time, not to mention the feral hooligan-type behaviour, hearing about soccer 12 months of the year, cold winters....you name it.

Get heavy beer in the GA seats at the cricket though.

And it’s crawling with Poms.

undertaker

Coach
Get heavy beer in the GA seats at the cricket though.
Well, I don't drink so that doesn't affect me.

Why people go to a sporting event just to drink is a mystery. If people want to drink, just to do it at home infront of the big screen and you won't get ripped off by the exorbitant food and drink prices at the ground.