What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

Wizardman

First Grade
Warner and Smith have shown their true colours when it comes to their test match ability this series. This is the first time I have ever used the the great man in the same sentence as a current player....but Smith is swimming closer to Bradman territory this series.

stryker

First Grade
When casting my mind back to Smiths press conference last year where he broke down talking about how he had let his old man down we were watching a young man devastated by his actions. He looked shattered and emotionally broken.

Most would not have recovered from the embarrassment and shame. It has made him stronger. His return to the test arena has been inspirational. His efforts this series will be spoken about for decades. This is a good England side who would have comfortably won the series if not for him. They know it too. We have been witnessing a legend create sporting folklore. Everyone is watching from all cricketing nations and are universal in his praise. Im so happy for him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And a massive shout out to Mr Barbados, talked up it massively pre game but came out with a whimper the last two days.

He’s been exposed due to tough continuous cricket. But don’t worry Mon there will be a 20/20 series for you to play soon .

Bazal

Post Whore
I mean, there's nothing else to say about Smith that will do him justice.

Happy for Paine though. I have a lot of time and sympathy for the bloke. Yeah it's only 60-odd, but after Headingley, the pasting he's been copping as probably the most unlikely Australian captain in history, and his own form in this series... For all of that he's stood up with the bat with the series there to be won or lost last night.

Eelectrica

Referee
Good to see us cash in on the England missed chances. That Roy catch and Leach's no ball has cost England about 150 runs, probably more given we hadn't yet even passed 300 when Smith's no ball came about.

3 days to get 19 wickets. Lets finish this. Hopefully wrap this England innings today. Bat a bit tomorrow, re-establish a 400+ run lead and win the game and the ashes.

Just need the weather to hold.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Joffwey 0-98, lol, talk about a 1 hit wonder

that shot from Wade, seriously ? he is not a test cricketer

did they show a replay of Head's LBW ? I reckon that was a pretty bad call for mine especially from around the wicket

and what else can you say about the Smudge, was good to see the poms applaud him when he got out, that was the best way to shut them up

Tommy Smith

Referee
When casting my mind back to Smiths press conference last year where he broke down talking about how he had let his old man down we were watching a young man devastated by his actions. He looked shattered and emotionally broken.

Most would not have recovered from the embarrassment and shame. It has made him stronger. His return to the test arena has been inspirational. His efforts this series will be spoken about for decades. This is a good England side who would have comfortably won the series if not for him. They know it too. We have been witnessing a legend create sporting folklore. Everyone is watching from all cricketing nations and are universal in his praise. Im so happy for him.
lol

This is the worst English Test side that I have seen in at least 20 years.

But you're right on Smith. We're witnessing genuine sporting genius when he bats.

Latest posts