What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 25 Team List vs Sea Eagles

Happy MEel

First Grade
Looks like Stone might play a bit of dummy half tomorrow night.
192a0619.jpg

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/09/05/eels-v-sea-eagles-round-25-captains-run/

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Happy MEel

First Grade
Good!!

Interesting that most of us hated Gutho at hooker, however it appears BA may have only been doing it as he didn’t rate Smith / Mcilwrick to fill the role.

Considering Stones injuries/limited experience he has been selected fairly quick over some pretty experienced players to come back into the side.
Stone should spend the entire offseason passing a football. Filling that backup hooker role is his biggest chance of playing regular first grade.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Stone is perfect on the bench, can give Mahoney that 15 or so break.

Additionally he can come on with 15 or so to go, and add that “energy/line speed” to our defence, that appears BA has had one of the benches play (eg Moeroa )

And he can cover edge/middle

Happy MEel

First Grade
Stone is perfect on the bench, can give Mahoney that 15 or so break.

Additionally he can come on with 15 or so to go, and add that “energy/line speed” to our defence, that appears BA has had one of the benches play (eg Moeroa )

And he can cover edge/middle
Can he cover the edge? I’ve never seen him play out there. I’d say Taka provides edge cover.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Can he cover the edge? I’ve never seen him play out there. I’d say Taka provides edge cover.

Yes, he did in the lower grades.

Yes definitely Taka provides cover there, however if BA is planning on playing our edges for 80 mins (in 2020), at least with stone on the bench he can provide cover in case of injury.

Just gives some flexible to our bench rather then just covering an edge forward just in case.

Happy MEel

First Grade
A bench in 2020 of:
RCG
Alvaro
Niukore
Stone
is probably better than any we have fielded this year to be honest.
Without a doubt. But that requires the signing of a starting quality edge forward (and RCG). If we can pull that off (not a euphemism), along with the mid season signing of Blake, that would be some outstanding recruitment. It leaves very few weaknesses across our top 17, and decent players like Taka, Kaufusi, Utoikamanu, Salmon, Parry and possibly Gower waiting in the wings for an opportunity.

emjaycee

Coach
Without a doubt. But that requires the signing of a starting quality edge forward (and RCG). If we can pull that off (not a euphemism), along with the mid season signing of Blake, that would be some outstanding recruitment and leaves very few weaknesses across our top 17, and decent players like Taka, Kaufusi, Utoikamanu, Parry and possibly Gower waiting in the wings for an opportunity.
Yep. My confidence that we will sign a starting quality edge forward is actually increasing.