What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

Eastview

Juniors
He supported the club as a kid so it makes sense to bring him in. It would also mean that Griffin has zero chance of replacing Mary

Paddles

Juniors
Nope, Gould ain't reviewing the club. From the release:

'Long-term rugby league administrator and former coach Phil Gould has agreed to take part in aspects of this process.'

Take part in aspects. Classic weasel words. What parts and what aspect, and why is this just a throwaway line at the end of the release?

I'll bet that Gus said he's willing to be interviewed, and maybe more. The club couldn't seal the deal or keep it quiet so they've had to come out with this half-baked statement.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Nope, Gould ain't reviewing the club. From the release:

'Long-term rugby league administrator and former coach Phil Gould has agreed to take part in aspects of this process.'

Take part in aspects. Classic weasel words. What parts and what aspect, and why is this just a throwaway line at the end of the release?

I'll bet that Gus said he's willing to be interviewed, and maybe more. The club couldn't seal the deal or keep it quiet so they've had to come out with this half-baked statement.

Mmm....take part in aspects of the process.
The statement read review of ALL aspects of the football operation which I can understand Gould not being privy to such as finances etc.
I'm still optimistic his "aspect" will centre around the players and coaching.
The other areas would not be his concern.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Gus won’t tolerate idiots like Millward and McIdiot. Plan will be to get rid of them. Gus makes the tough decisions. Panthers were deep in the top 8 when he was in charge of the panthers. Now gone they floundered.

TruSaint

Referee
Gus won’t tolerate idiots like Millward and McIdiot. Plan will be to get rid of them. Gus makes the tough decisions. Panthers were deep in the top 8 when he was in charge of the panthers. Now gone they floundered.

Did you read the statement by the Club ?

BLM01

First Grade
Mmm....take part in aspects of the process.
The statement read review of ALL aspects of the football operation which I can understand Gould not being privy to such as finances etc.
I'm still optimistic his "aspect" will centre around the players and coaching.
The other areas would not be his concern.
his aspects are th
Brilliant dfelection by the board.

Send out a few good feel " Gould " coming stories, only for the net result being Gould having input into the clubs "internal" review...

Then he moves on...

LMAO.

Mary is guaranteed to stay next year.. as he always was!
I dont read it that way. In regards to the 2019 review Yes..limited input and how can he doi anymore as was not there.
But if he does a good job and has a look at the joint they may both agree on a more hands on role from 2020 is how i read it which seems to be more likely

hazzbeen

Bench
Brilliant dfelection by the board.

Send out a few good feel " Gould " coming stories, only for the net result being Gould having input into the clubs "internal" review...

Then he moves on...

LMAO.

Mary is guaranteed to stay next year.. as he always was!
Mate its looking that way ,it's just a smoke screen , if he was going it would have been done before Could coming in ..... What a sad club we have become , it will take a few more wasted years ( if they last that long ) before the rebuilding starts again.......

Bench
Hazebeen is spot on all this talk about Gould and a review is a smoke screen’
If Gould is only consulting then nothing major will happen unless we appoint to him to oversee the club for two or three years with total control of the team, the coaches and recruitment.
I doubt the Board will do this because it will show them all up as being totally useless

Sloth

Juniors
Didn't Gus do the Cowboys review? Tell me what changes were made from 2018 to 2019 because of that review? You guessed it, Zero,None, Nota

SnowDragon

Juniors
Which ever way you look at it this is positive news!

A strong independent voice getting a say. Doesn’t guarantee a result, but it’s a positive.

Latest posts