What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belinda Sleeman set to become first female NRL referee

myrrh ken

First Grade
A brilliant refereeing performance by Belinda Sharpe. No male referee could have kept up with the play, and kept up a steady stream of instructions to the players, the way that she did. Thank heavens that it was her and not the insufferable Belinda Sleeman making the calls last night.

Are you saying she's better now that she has a man to control her?

The Rosco

Bench
I agree.

It's like comparing Albert Rosenfeld with Jean Capdouze.
" mirror mirror on the wall, who's the greatest French loving, multi-personalitied, know it all rugby league forum killer of them all ?"

"A terribly incompetent and disgusting alternative to the wonderful Belinda Sharpe."
Pfft Albert, as if you'd know anything about the same person parading under a different name ?

Last edited:
I would like to see Belinda Sharpe controlling a game that had a lot of Poms with funny accents that most Aussies cannot understand. That will test her refereeing skills. So I am looking forward to her refereeing a Canberra game.

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
She's been running the line for the last few weeks.

Did she blow a sandshoe as many people believe or did she just f**k up?

*I've been OS for a few weeks.

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
She was too scared to blow penalties

Not up NRL standard

Even on the touch line she won't call forward passes at dummy half

ram raid

Bench
I'm not aware of her f**king up. I don't think it's a demotion. They're probably just easing her into the job.

Sutton had a shocker last night with Manly vs Eels so maybe she'll take his shift next week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No idea where this claim by @Vee has come from.

R24 - NQ v CBY - assistant ref
R23 - SYD v SGI - assistant ref
R22 - SOU v CBY - assistant ref

This week she was a touchie, possibly because it's the last round and they experiment with different things behind the scenes. Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski was head ref tonight for the first time, as an example.