What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 25 - Parra vs. Manly GAME DAY THREAD 06/09/19

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What a gutsy performance from the boys tonight, I really enjoyed that win especially beating Manly. Good preparation for the finals.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Daily is saying we should of got a send off for Taupau.

I thought 10 was fine. Did anyone else think it was a send off!?!

I didn't think MP went intentionally.

Its a swinging arm hit to the head, send off!!

Unfortunately the refs are too weak and gutless to send someone off so they wont create controversy. Ridiculous.

If that tackle happened in 1998 the referee would have no hesitation in sending him off.

crocodile

Bench
Daily is saying we should of got a send off for Taupau.

I thought 10 was fine. Did anyone else think it was a send off!?!

I didn't think MP went intentionally.
Normally it would be a send off for sure. The fact that he showed real concern and went to his adversary's immediate aid probably swung the ref around a bit. He looked absolutely shattered watching the medics. No doubt he will get to sit out a few games coming up.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Just got home merkins. Fmd it was windy around Gerringong. Didn't get in until the 20min mark. Kinda forget how Sydney traffic can get. Great game, really love coming to Bankwest. Happy days. Goodnight.

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought our middle defense was garbage. Manly blew a few tries in first half.
Tapau was unlucky to get penalised as Danny was all over him and could of went other way. That changed outcome of game.
Too many missed tackles for mine. Double Manlys and half as many tackle breaks. We have some work to do.
Good to see only 2 tries scored against

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we go win / win , we go onto the roosters side on the draw (and play winner of 2 v 3).

We really need tigers to win / broncos lose, so we don’t play Sharks week one, and raiders to win so storm play Souths.
I'd rather play Souths in week two than anyone else in the top four. Raiders are also beatable but it would be in Canbrah.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Btw how good was Drown tonite? Really upped his work rate so almost became the dominate half. Hope he keeps this up. Very special mention to Sivo, an absolute beast on the wing. Who needs Semi???
Drown got the most touches because we were targeting DCE and Suli in defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He offered penalties, poor marker position and a lack of effort. Tonight was a positive for every player in the 17 except for Tep. He was an absolute hindrance to our win tonight.

WE WON IN SPITE OF TEP.

Not because of him. He’s done
He made good metres and was safe in defence for nearly half a game. He contributed well.

Happy MEel

First Grade
He made good metres and was safe in defence for nearly half a game. He contributed well.
You weren’t watching the same game we were. His contributions jeopardised the win tonight no matter how much you want to spin it.

You’re taking the piss for the sake of it and you know it. The fact BA hooked him
after one of the most appalling efforts in recent memory suggests he agrees.

Tep can’t be relied upon to play at a first grade level and I dare say BA has finally realised what plenty on this forum have identified many rounds ago.

He is the only glaring weakness in tonight’s team list. Substitue him for Peni or Gower and I think we can do some damage in this finals series.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I thought our middle defense was garbage. Manly blew a few tries in first half.
Tapau was unlucky to get penalised as Danny was all over him and could of went other way. That changed outcome of game.
Too many missed tackles for mine. Double Manlys and half as many tackle breaks. We have some work to do.
Good to see only 2 tries scored against
The two tries they scored were lucky. Whilst we missed a bunch of first attempts (which impacts our missed tackle stats), our scramble cleaned them up. Stats aren’t everything and don’t tell the full picture.

Gronk

Staff member
Drown got the most touches because we were targeting DCE and Suli in defence.

Drown was running the ball a fair bit last night and cracked 100m.

DCE is a cat.

Did anyone at the ground catch Drown as he was waiting to receive the kick offs ? He does some moves to the beats.

giphy.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You weren’t watching the same game we were. His contributions jeopardised the win tonight no matter how much you want to spin it.

You’re taking the piss for the sake of it and you know it. The fact BA hooked him

Tep can’t be relied upon to play at a first grade level and I dare say BA has finally realised what plenty on this forum have identified many rounds ago.

He is the only glaring weakness in tonight’s team list. Substitue him for Peni or Gower and I think we can do some damage in this finals series.
Arthur put him on again at the end. I know you don't want him to play next week but there's a good chance he will.

Moeroa got through plenty of work. The penalty was deliberate to avoid conceding a try, and one of the errors was a shit call on a strip.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach

If he doesn't get picked it may be because Brown takes his spot back.