What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Mate I will be sitting in the :evergreen_tree: before kick off. Do your soul a favour and join me
Thanks for the offer but some of us of got to stay on the front line and keep up the fight...and besides I cant see the forest for the trees. Then again maybe I should take time out...
Soon my friend i will arrive to focus on my Wim Hof

Overseas dragon

Juniors
It’s pretty clear what needs to happen with McNoidea.

Nothing but sacking would be acceptable to most fans and you would think sponsors as well. Support such as membership, attendance and product sales will surely take a huge hit if there isn’t a clean out. Our major sponsor just signed on again which is confusing - how they’ve been convinced to do this is interesting. Maybe they’re privy to what is coming in terms of coaching and player movements.

If the Gould review is true, it will test his integrity, knowledge and risk his reputation. If Gould is as smart as he is portrayed surely he wouldn’t even commence a review without a clear understanding and expectation from the Club that McGregor is gone.

I’m thinking McFade is already gone - Gould to guide the next small steps for mankind.
More likely mary to repaint the locker room ,and while hes at it paint over the cracks that permigate our administration.......maybe time to add another old boy.........

Red V for life

Juniors
This is what infuriates me. We sign Korbin Sims and before the end of the first year he’s been told to look elsewhere.

Now leaving aside whether those rumoured to have been told to move on should or shouldn’t, I assume this is to free up cap space. That’s ok if you’re an attractive destination which sadly we’re not. Or maybe Korbin has told them the joint stinks. That would make most sense.

The thing that infuriates me is I don’t see any strategy around our roster management. Too many short term fixes with no long-term strategy.

It just makes my head hurt.

Any review by Gould instigated by the coach is highly unlikely to be an objective and independent review.

I fear that like the wrestling of the 1970s the result has been predetermined before the review is undertaken.

Very much hope I am wrong and that Gould delivers an impartial assessment.

If so, cannot see McGregor surviving.

As for paying him out of his new contract, I predict we the fans could raise the $$$ via crowd funding within 72 hours.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, if i'm not mistaken:

Field, Rava, K. Sims, Maranta, Nicholls, Aitken and Dufty all told to look around for other clubs. Timm not required, young Masters and Robson already signed elsewhere. Widdop going to ESL and Latimore retiring. Have I forgotten anyone!
Thats up to 12 possible players we need to replace for next year.

However, it appears, at this stage, one name is missing from the list, Allgood!

In any case, names thrown around to be signed include, Reynolds, Dugan and JMoz all on inflated contracts at their current club. Bargain shopping? 3 for the price of 1, with the current club chipping in a portion of their salary.
Tony Gigot , trez tragique!

Seems to me we are either going all in on our juniors, or will journeymen soon start lining up at our doorstep?
How the mighty have fallen!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Any review by Gould instigated by the coach is highly unlikely to be an objective and independent review.

I fear that like the wrestling of the 1970s the result has been predetermined before the review is undertaken.

As for paying him out of his new contract, I predict we the fans could raise the $$$ via crowd funding within 72 hours.

Precisely SF,

It reeks of a board grappling for time with the mindset influencing the end result.

Mario Milano and Killer Karl Kox had nothing on these guys.

03-11.jpg

Killer Karl Kox
killer-karl-kox-6942c01c-d4a7-4512-ba68-cd436587e68-resize-750.jpeg

TruSaint

Referee

Gould was on Maq Sports radio this morning and stated " Mary is the coach going forward ".

lombard

Juniors
Gould was on Maq Sports radio this morning and stated " Mary is the coach going forward ".

How sad is our once great club. A few comments over the past month which show the ineptness of our CEO and Board -

Firstly - I think this year is a pass mark.
Then a couple weeks later - There will be a football department review but not the head coach role.
Then last week - The head coach role will now be part of the end of season review.
This week - Review announced and not even started yet but Mary is safe and not part of the review.

The calm one

Juniors
Thanks for the offer but some of us of got to stay on the front line and keep up the fight...and besides I cant see the forest for the trees. Then again maybe I should take time out...
Soon my friend i will arrive to focus on my Wim Hof
The front line, you are seriously not travelling up there to watch that, please.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
How sad is our once great club. A few comments over the past month which show the ineptness of our CEO and Board -

Firstly - I think this year is a pass mark.
Then a couple weeks later - There will be a football department review but not the head coach role.
Then last week - The head coach role will now be part of the end of season review.
This week - Review announced and not even started yet but Mary is safe and not part of the review.
Lunatics running the asylum

Dragonsamy

Bench
If Gus was able to do a full review and not just a partial one. He could definitely clean the place out but he does not have full control. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it

BLM01

First Grade
The front line, you are seriously not travelling up there to watch that, please.
No..taking milady out to dinner. Front line meaning not running away to join you and stand their and fight the supporter fight......yet. But you have inspired to be calm..expect nothing from this review but until i see the outcome......then I might BLOW UP

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
So, if i'm not mistaken:

Field, Rava, K. Sims, Maranta, Nicholls, Aitken and Dufty all told to look around for other clubs. Timm not required, young Masters and Robson already signed elsewhere. Widdop going to ESL and Latimore retiring. Have I forgotten anyone!
Thats up to 12 possible players we need to replace for next year.

However, it appears, at this stage, one name is missing from the list, Allgood!

In any case, names thrown around to be signed include, Reynolds, Dugan and JMoz all on inflated contracts at their current club. Bargain shopping? 3 for the price of 1, with the current club chipping in a portion of their salary.
Tony Gigot , trez tragique!

Seems to me we are either going all in on our juniors, or will journeymen soon start lining up at our doorstep?
How the mighty have fallen!

How the club can let Maranta go says everything about our club.
...............ah, let me change that around.
How the club could buy a player like Maranta is beyond me.