What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kane Evans @ The judiciary. Does he miss the elimination final?

emjaycee

Coach
so tapau got a grade 3 careless? ... and evans a grade 2 careless?
Yep, and apparently if we fight the charge and win it gets downgraded.
Maybe to a grade 1 in which case we may have to pay a fine though I am still not sure.

I wonder if we can fight the charge and get it dismissed totally and what that would mean @Gronk

strider

Post Whore
surely we would do the thing that gets him off with least risk .... if thats a downgrade then I think we would try that

personally I think it was a shirt front - see plenty worse that get nothing

oldmancraigy

Coach
Agree.

Though i also think manly milked the f**k out of that to get the 10 in the bin .... not saying he wasnt concussed but he was trying to get up constantly while the trainers were holding him down and calling for the medicab. They were bunging it on. I would bet parker would have passed his HIA had there been more than 12 minutes left in the game. Teams dont wanna lose an outside back for the game.

Also, Parker is completely useless and they are better off with him off! Parker off and us down to 12? Manly says yes please.

It really did look milked! The trainer sprinted on and got right up in his face telling him not to move.
Can't say I blame them. I would coach my players to stay down "concussed" if they ever got any kind of high shot. Free interchange and a man down for the opposition. Win!

Gronk

Staff member
Burgess was also charged with grade 2 careless and won a downgrade to a fine

Soto

Bench
Burgess was also charged with grade 2 careless and won a downgrade to a fine

No choice but to fight fight fight.
Takes the early plea its 1 week or found guilty 1 week. Downgrade or get off completely so he can play. Evans is an important fit to our side more than ever. Plus he has finals experience

Gronk

Staff member
No choice but to fight fight fight.
Takes the early plea its 1 week or found guilty 1 week. Downgrade or get off completely so he can play. Evans is an important fit to our side more than ever. Plus he has finals experience
Seems a no brainer, if it’s as simple as that. Especially with the Surgess soft cock downgrade precedent.

eels_fan

First Grade
Have to plead guilty and fight the grade.

There is no way on this years evidence that is a grade 2.

Downgrade to a grade 1 and he just cops a fine and is free to play

Djay

Juniors
Should fight it but we won't.

First contact as off the arm and then went up plus he wrapped his arms too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think it's fair to say that Evans is now a crucial member of our team - fight the charge.

It wasn't nearly as bad as people think it was.

Kornstar

Coach
There is no way we get Evans off the charge, apart from the 09 GF have we ever won at the judiciary?