What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 25 - Parra vs. Manly GAME DAY THREAD 06/09/19

I thought 5th vs 8th is the Sunday game.
The first game is always twice top 4 teams.

It's not like that any more.

Apparently, the Storm vs. 4th game is already penciled in for Saturday at 7:45pm because of AFL Finals, or something. That means the rest have to fit in around it.

It seems to be like Brisbane on Friday night and the SCG on Sunday afternoon are preferred options, so that leaves us with the first Saturday game.

hindy111

Post Whore
They bombed tries ? How many tries did we bomb ? Not sure why you’re trying to diminish our win. They were everyone’s favourites going into that match and we beat them 5 tries to 2, 32-16.

I'm a purist. Not one eyed. I mean Tafua drops ball line wide open.
Yes we scored 2 tries when game was over. With 6 points in it they should of had a penalty but we got the home crowd call. Changes game.
Good win by the boys.Scoreline didn't reflect how close it was.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes we scored 2 tries when game was over. With 6 points in it they should of had a penalty but we got the home crowd call. Changes game.
I can’t even be bothered.

strider

Post Whore
no - you are a pesimist .... you call out our shit and luck we have, but ignore the same for our opponents .... you are actually inverse one-eyed

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
no - you are a pesimist .... you call out our shit and luck we have, but ignore the same for our opponents .... you are actually inverse one-eyed
Inverse one eyed. I like it. Just enjoy the win ffs Hindy. Even Melbourne were lazy at times last night. Its called fatigue. When our team makes no mistakes/ poor decisions then we can all call it a day.
And that penalty on Tapoo didn't change the game. Either him nearly killing Stone, or the f**ken appalling second Manly try changed the game. And by the way, we created more numbers on the left edge WHILE PLAYING A PLAYER SHORT. TWICE.

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors
Yep f**k all minutes and only played 19 games but has still given away more penalties than anyone. An absolute liability.
He is f**king horrendous, that drop ball after the kick off was criminal and he should have beeb hooked.

Can't wait to see the back of him, tbh.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Yes, but, conversely:

We scored extra points to jump us into 5th, when we were under pressure.

We played poorly in patches, but overall, we were great, and Manly (despite a poor first half) threw plenty at us.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Fulton is a crack up, i don’t listen very often to the CCT but happened to have it on about 15 minutes ago and he said the Marty T penalty cost them the game and that he shouldn’t have been sent off cause you “can’t change the rules during the season”. Mentioned that commentary team said it should have been a send off and that’s what triggered to mention you can’t change the rules. People seriously still employ him?

Funny he didn’t mention the 4 or 5 very favourable calls to Manly, just the only one we got all night.

hindy111 has also lost the plot, i think we both blew wide open chances in the first half, funny he failed to mention the Mahoney drop with the line wide open......actually not funny, just standard for him to point out only what suits his argument of why Penrith are better than us, cause let’s face it, that’s all his comments ever come back to.

If we can cut out even 50% of our stupid mistakes we can start to match the top 4, our mistakes (and the ridiculous officiating) are the only thing that Manly had going for them last night, the possession was in their favour most of the game and we still doubled their score.

We turned up in that first half and laid the platform, cut out the silly mistakes from the second half and we probably win by 30. We were by far the better team imo.

Next week vs the Sharks will be interesting, they are a very good team so will need to be better than last night!

hindy111

Post Whore

I want the title. And I will point out what needs to be done to go to that level.
People like Gronk will be happy to get a few wins and make finals. Then be knocked out week 1 and say oh well a good season. I'm however a winner. I want perfection and I want us to win a title. I am pointing out what needs to be done to get to this level. I'm like a Bellamy.
If you accept 40+ missed tackles that's fine. We have a good side. In finals anything can happen and I see no reason why we can not take the title. It's possible. Plenty on here seem.to think jobs done. And will be happy if we bow out next week with this season AMD what achieved.
I would see it at a lost chance. Next season we most likely will be stronger. But we also maybe hit with injuries and have a terrible run of luck.
Now our defense tightens up in the guts and a bit of luck our way and we can scare the hell out of anyone.

hindy111

Post Whore
Fulton is a crack up, i don’t listen very often to the CCT but happened to have it on about 15 minutes ago and he said the Marty T penalty cost them the game and that he shouldn’t have been sent off cause you “can’t change the rules during the season”. Mentioned that commentary team said it should have been a send off and that’s what triggered to mention you can’t change the rules. People seriously still employ him?

Funny he didn’t mention the 4 or 5 very favourable calls to Manly, just the only one we got all night.

hindy111 has also lost the plot, i think we both blew wide open chances in the first half, funny he failed to mention the Mahoney drop with the line wide open......actually not funny, just standard for him to point out only what suits his argument of why Penrith are better than us, cause let’s face it, that’s all his comments ever come back to.

If we can cut out even 50% of our stupid mistakes we can start to match the top 4, our mistakes (and the ridiculous officiating) are the only thing that Manly had going for them last night, the possession was in their favour most of the game and we still doubled their score.

We turned up in that first half and laid the platform, cut out the silly mistakes from the second half and we probably win by 30. We were by far the better team imo.

Next week vs the Sharks will be interesting, they are a very good team so will need to be better than last night!

Mahoney's drop was a hard to take pass and had guys either side of him.
Tafua drop was under post and certain.

hindy111

Post Whore
What I did like was our passing from middle of field.Unsure who was throwing them? But 2 passes and we where almost going from one side to the other. Amazing.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon Keppie did ok for Manly in limited minutes. Obviously Des rates him. Well done Parra Junior.

Latest posts