What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 vs Titans

Dragsters

First Grade
Pearson, well done , had us all fooled. Done nothing all season and just holding off for the last game of the year. Way to go.

He did score a runaway 100 metre try in CC before his club first grade debut :wink:...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Been waiting to see him with some room to move, he didn’t disappoint. He will hold that spot next season and beyond.
Yeah I have also seen enough of him to think he has something. Obviously by his highlights he has speed just hasn't had the room to use it. Also in the last few weeks has put on some awesome hits and he's pretty good under the high ball too. I know Nene is pretty loved in here, but I always found him tentative under the high ball for such a big unit and his hands were never super reliable. I think Pearson is more than solid enough for me just need a decent centre inside him.
One thing I will say about Corey Norman, in most aspects he's not quite up to Widdops level but the one thing he really excels at is getting early ball to the centres. After Widdop was injured and before his injury, he was making Lafai and Aitken look pretty good, hopefully with a new centre or two and a full preseason in the halves not switching between fullback and 5/8 I think we can make some good improvements.

HenryTatana

Juniors
The brains trust discussing what each will be doing next year.

Mary - “At least I’ve got painting to fall back on “

Deano - “Dad will get me a gig somewhere”

Hornby - “I’m outta here. I’m going somewhere where they have a real coach”

Crush

Coach
I cannot recall wearing a beanie at the cricket. It’s that cold in Manchester!

Does anyone want to provide a brief summary of the game thus far?
Aussies declared 497 with Smith getting a double with Labushagne, Paine and Starc getting 50s.
England Burns and Root made 50s but didn't go on.
Its been rain affected.
Day 4 today, need quick wickets or heading for a draw.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Pearson, well done , had us all fooled. Done nothing all season and just holding off for the last game of the year. Way to go.
Well done hewi for finding a positive outs that. I was gunna say Pearson does have speed (but Titans could be slow) and can step I liked that.

Red V for life

Juniors
I cannot recall wearing a beanie at the cricket. It’s that cold in Manchester!

Does anyone want to provide a brief summary of the game thus far?
Mate, apart from some individual brilliance and a bucket full of speed from Pearson, it has been an insipid performance with a 6-6 score line.

In short, the first half suggests a more than fitting end to an absolutely f@cked season.

Dragsters

First Grade
Yeah I have also seen enough of him to think he has something. Obviously by his highlights he has speed just hasn't had the room to use it. Also in the last few weeks has put on some awesome hits and he's pretty good under the high ball too. I know Nene is pretty loved in here, but I always found him tentative under the high ball for such a big unit and his hands were never super reliable. I think Pearson is more than solid enough for me just need a decent centre inside him.
One thing I will say about Corey Norman, in most aspects he's not quite up to Widdops level but the one thing he really excels at is getting early ball to the centres. After Widdop was injured and before his injury, he was making Lafai and Aitken look pretty good, hopefully with a new centre or two and a full preseason in the halves not switching between fullback and 5/8 I think we can make some good improvements.

Not by me. I thought Nene was the most frustrating winger we've had for ages.

Lots of potential but almost always caught flat-footed and far too lazy for my liking...

SAP58

Juniors
I agree FCD but if McIdiot is still the coach next year which I expect he will the centres will be Aitken & Lafai.

Dragsters

First Grade
Aussies declared 497 with Smith getting a double with Labushagne, Paine and Starc getting 50s.
England Burns and Root made 50s but didn't go on.
Its been rain affected.
Day 4 today, need quick wickets or heading for a draw.

I think Jimmy's there crush.

Pretty sure he meant this snooze-a-thon of a footy match...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Not by me. I thought Nene was the most frustrating winger we've had for ages.

Lots of potential but almost always caught flat-footed and far too lazy for my liking...
Thats good I'm not the only one, I feel a lot safer with Pearson than with Nene or Rava, both those guys give you too many heart in mouth moments. Pearson has the attributes to succeed but is not lazy.

Latest posts