What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT DO THE FANS REALLY WANT?

Tuddy

Juniors
We are the victims of our successful history.

A small group of parasitic individuals are writing cheques for themselves and their mates to cash. They are cashing in the blood, sweat and tears of generations of players that have donned the red v with pride and passion.

You don't see Cronulla doing this because they can't. If they ran the club like ours has been run for the last ten years, they'd be the next team cut by the nrl for a new team outside Sydney. That's why they've been so results focussed. They have had to or they wouldn't have survived.

The grubs that have been dining out on the fat carcass that is the St George Dragons don't seem to realise the meal is almost finished. If enough supporters and sponsors walk away there won't even be a club.

What do I want? I want a club that shows it has integrity. I want a club that employs the best people, not the best blokes and I want a club that is run like a business, because that's what it is. A business. Not a bloody benevolent fund for a bunch of old boys.

Slackboy72

Coach
Okay in the interest of being constructive,
What I want:
  • A team that defends with discipline
  • A team that supports with enthusiasm
  • A team that doesn't defeat itself with stupidity and poor skill levels
  • A team that can raise their game and play high intensity football in the second half of the season
  • A team that opponents know is going to be a hard physical encounter
  • A team that concedes fewer than 15 points on average
  • A team that makes the finals 9 out of 10 seasons and prelim finals 2 out of 3 seasons
  • A team that isn't a refuge for desperados
  • A team that lives and breathes a winning culture
  • A team I'm willing to drive a 6 hour round trip to see

Gareth67

First Grade
Change - complete and total change in the way that the St.George Illawarra Joint Venture is run , to be put under the microscope , even if it takes an investigation into the J.V. entity itself by the NRL .

REVIEW THE BOARD ! - REVIEW THE BOARD ! REVIEW THE BOARD !

The only way forward gents , forget Mary let’s go after those who are truly responsible for this unmitigated disaster - the board themselves. Untouchable NO , not if enough pressure is applied in the right places .

One of our members gave a list of the J.V. ‘s sponsors that’s a start in the right direction , and of course our yearly memberships - cancelled . That will at least hurt them financially , perhaps more so if they are indeed running on the smell of an oily rag .

Time to forget about our loyalty to the Dragons itself as unfortunately it is not a two - way street , that much has become obvious. As so many have been saying for so long now , they are only concerned about keeping their bovine snouts in the trough - enough is enough I do not want this to continue on in to the 2020 season .

I will remain loyal to the lower grade Dragons as they deserve it , at least they have dreams and aspire to become better players , but until the hierarchy of the J.V. has had the cancer cut from it , only then can we say that our Dragons will have a future .

Last edited:

Latest posts